cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Hotspot Not Working

Autumnloon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I recently transferred to Public Mobile on the 90 day plan.

My Mobile Hotspot is not working anymore. Cell notification will say that it has connected to my IPAD but there is no transfer of data. Thus, I am unable to use the internet on my ipad. My Mobile Hotspot settings are the same as when I was using FIDO two days ago and it was working perfectly fine.

I have included pictures of my APN Settings.

Thank you,

1 Screenshot_2016-11-04-09-28-35-1.png2 Screenshot_2016-11-04-09-28-45.png3 Screenshot_2016-11-04-09-28-52.png

7 REPLIES 7

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hello again,

I just confirmed one more time on my G4, the APN settings I mentioned earlier are working perfectly fine.. data remains LTE and I was able to use my macbook pro with excellent browsing speeds.  

What's your phone model?  This is certainly a device specific issue.  

From the APN settings page, tap on menu and "Reset to default"  and try again.  

Once we know the specific phone you are using, maybe someone can share more specific tips from their experience.  

Autumnloon

Gave it a go.

Note: earlier in the post, someone had mentioned that i should put an "i" in front of sp.mb.com. And when I did that, though it didn't solve the mobile hotspot issue, it knocked off my data. When I removed the "i" again, my data was back to normal.

So, I created the seperate APNs with the additional changes that you mentioned (mobile internet & tethered).

For the tethered mobile apn, I tried two versions, one with the "i" on sp.mb.com. And one without the "i". Just in case.

On both versions of tethered mobile apn (one with the i and w/o the i).

When I select the Tethered mobile and try to connect using mobile hotspot, my cellphone attempts to use the tethered mobile APN for a while and after a bit of time, it automatically deselects it and re-selects the public mobile internet APN...

Also, when I am on the Tethered mobile APN, there is no 4G LTE Data.

So maybe that's why my cellphone deselects it and tries to use the Public Mobile APN..

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @Autumnloon,

I have 2 separate APN's as follows:  

1.  Mobile Internet.  This is normal APN settings similar to the ones you posted (sp.mb.com).  Except there is no "dun" beside the "APN type" 

2. Tethered Internet.  This one has APN: isp.mb.com  and then APN type: dun.  The rest is whatever goes by default.  

Go ahead and try the same setup as above.  Add the second APN and remove the "dun" from APN type int he first one.  Save changes.  Reboot and test if this helped.  

Autumnloon

Had my laptop connect to mobile hotspot. Connection was successful, secured, and with a full bar. But, the same issue comes up-- I am unable to use the internet to visit websites: "Error server not found".

Also I have tried to have my ipad disconnect and rejoin the hotspot but it doesn't change the issue.

Should I post a picture of my mobile hotspot settings, if that would help?

McLaren
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Assuming your apn settings are correct, do you Have another device to try connecting? Or on the iPad rejoin the WiFi hotspot Network

Autumnloon

Just tried it, didn't change anything

ajaffery

Try this APN for tethering.

isp.mb.com

Hopefully that works better for you.

Need Help? Let's chat.