cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Data Issues

ho0terella
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey everyone! I am just wondering why I seem to not have any access to mobile data, despite having it setup properly on my phone (LG Q STYLO +) & having a plan that is supposed to include data...

Yet, i am only able to connect using wifi.. anyone else have this problem??

8 REPLIES 8

Alan80
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Check it online and see how many data did u used as someone already mentioned. There is option on phone about the data usage so you can set it up example 80% so once you reach 80% you will get a notification how much data is left for the month.

Thnaks!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@ho0terella wrote:

Hey everyone! I am just wondering why I seem to not have any access to mobile data, despite having it setup properly on my phone (LG Q STYLO +) & having a plan that is supposed to include data...

@ho0terellaPlease check the following: (test data after each step)

1. Go to Settings > Mobile data and make sure Mobile data is ON.
  2. Add a new APN with only the following: Name: (Put anything you want), APN: sp.mb.com, MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc. MMS Proxy: mmscproxy.mobility.ca, MMS Port: 8799. The rest will autofill once you save your settings
  3. Reset your network settings (This is only available with the latest software update) :Go to Settings > Backup & reset Select Network settings reset (be advised that this will delete your WIFI passwords)
  4. Update the profile (if you are able to). Go to Settings>System Updates>Update Profile.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@me003 wrote:

LG mobiles are known for making issues even with correct APN settings. 

Best remedy :

1)Back up all your data

2)Go to settings and do a factory reset followed by network reset

3)Go to APN settings and enter all details again(fresh entry)

I hope it will work. I am a fellow LG user.

@ho0terella 

Do the network reset first.  If network reset does not fix your data issue, do a factory reset as about.  If factory reset does not work, add APN manually as previous post.

me003
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

LG mobiles are known for making issues even with correct APN settings. 

Best remedy :

1)Back up all your data

2)Go to settings and do a factory reset followed by network reset

3)Go to APN settings and enter all details again(fresh entry)

I hope it will work. I am a fellow LG user.

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

No, by set up, is mobile data enabled? Etc. Did you receive the 75 and 95%  PM text  notification warnings from 611 about your data useage? If you did you are probably out of data as mentioned above . You can either buy the 200mb or 1 gigabyte data add-on in my account(this is expensive). Or wait for next month.

@ho0terella wrote:

iliusfaisal
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It is a common issue with APN settings. .Check the APN settings in your phone. 

These are the Public Mobile APN settings you need:

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F or 4D

Don't forget to save these settings and then select this APN as the active one.

If you need to know where to find the settings:
Android
Settings > More / More Networks / Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > New APN setting (or a plus sign)

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

When you log into your account - is an amount for data showing ?  If not then your data has been used up. If you have data remaining then try rebooting your phone.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@ho0terella wrote:

Check your self-serve account. Do you see any data remaining in your plan under "My Data and add-ons"?

If the line is no longer visible, it means you have used up all your data. To add more data, you can buy an add-on, change your plan or wait for your next renewal.

Need Help? Let's chat.