cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mixed Service After Porting

martymendes
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Everyone, 

I ported my number from Rogers yesterday. I received the confirmation text from Public that the porting was successful. Today I getting mixed service. Some calls are getting to me, some not. Same with texts. Is this normal?

13 REPLIES 13

@martymendes 

Thanks for the follow up....you are the third person to have followed up with the reason for hit and miss with calls and and texts being from a port from rogers. Lol....they never truly want to let you go but it looks like you have finally broken free and escaped their icy grip!😃

Don't fall for a too good to be true winback offer....

@martymendes  yeah... all done!!!

Welcome to PM and enjoy the saving!!

martymendes

Just wanted to let everyone know that my problems have been resolved and it now appears I'm getting all calls and messages. I was getting mixed service for a full day after porting my number from Rogers. Some calls and texts getting through and others would fail. Slowly, more and more calls and messages started coming through. One of my banks still couldn't get through to me via text but a moderator helped me resolve that. All this to say thank you to the community for all your suggestions. For new customers, be patient, the moderators are very helpful and they will iron out any initial issues you may experience.

@martymendes wrote:

Definitely something wrong.

Just had my son trying to call me and nothing happens!

I will try the moderator.

@martymendes 

Does the issue persist when you try the SIM card in to another phone?

With the Public Mobile SIM in the device that you have having issue with do a RESET of the Network Settings.

martymendes

Definitely something wrong.

Just had my son trying to call me and nothing happens!

I will try the moderator.

@martymendes   Some banking system does take a day or two to pick up your "new" home after porting as well.  This is a settings they did on purpose for security reason. 

The only way to contact a moderator is by submitting a ticket.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

martymendes

@softech Thanks but I don't think that's it. For example, my bank sends texts with a pin as a security feature and those texts are not getting through. When I have them call, the calls are now working but weren't this morning. This was happening with two different banks too so it wasn't a problem on their end. Now one of the banks works but not the other. Weird!

martymendes

@Triguy Thanks for the suggestion. I called. The rep. said my port was successful. She then transferred me to tech support but they informed me that they only support Kudoo and not PM. This is very weird because so texts from some contacts are reaching me but not others. I even texted and called myself to test the service and most go through but the odd text and call don't go through. Example: the text will spin and spin and then I will get an exclamation point. Can anyone else chime in or should I contact a moderator?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@martymendes  For those who can reach you after porting, can you confirm what provider they , the callers, have?  

It's normal some smaller providers, mainly VoIP such as Fongo, TextNow etc, might not know your "new home" yet and still routing your calls wrong.  It's an issue on that end and not PM.  Smaller providers can take like 2 or 3 days to route the calls correctly to you.  

Another thing you can try is to set your network to 3G only.  In some area, this might help

You can call Public Mobile number 1-844-xxx xxxxx -porting department.

Edit by Dunkman: Removed Porting number as per PM policy 

martymendes

@Triguy Tried that. Thought it worked but it didn't. Problem persists 18 hours after porting.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try rebooting your phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.