cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Texts

brynbamber
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've been missing texts this week. I missed 3 on Sunday and 1 on Monday. Was anyone else missing texts? Was this a glitch in the system? Has this been resolved?

Very upsetting because I run my business through my phone and missed one text from a client.

14 REPLIES 14

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@brynbamber wrote:

I've been missing texts this week. I missed 3 on Sunday and 1 on Monday. Was anyone else missing texts? Was this a glitch in the system? Has this been resolved?

Very upsetting because I run my business through my phone and missed one text from a client.

Do you own more than one Apple device? Are the texts on it, but not on phone?

Bullet77
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You may also want to Google "how to restart a iphone( your model) ". It a restart can fix alot when issues come up. Restarts are easy to do as well andonly take a few minutes.

@brynbamber wrote:

It is an iPhone. Any ideas of what I can do to resolve this?

@geopublic wrote:

@brynbamber  Depending on what type of phone and app you are using, if it's iPhone then probably an iMessage lost in translation issue. If you are using Android clear the cache of the texting app then select force close and restart your phone.

You can always go into your PM usage history and see if the text (s) in question were ever received.

@brynbamber  This reference explains more about the issues with iMessage:

https://www.howtogeek.com/252100/what-to-do-if-you-cant-receive-text-messages-from-iphone-users/

brynbamber

Thanks! How do recommend I reset :)?

brynbamber

iphone 5.

I had iMessage turned off. Just turned it back on to see if it resolves anything.

I know I missed texts both from an iphone and from an android phone. 

brynbamber

It is an iPhone. Any ideas of what I can do to resolve this?

@geopublic wrote:

@brynbamber  Depending on what type of phone and app you are using, if it's iPhone then probably an iMessage lost in translation issue. If you are using Android clear the cache of the texting app then select force close and restart your phone.

You can always go into your PM usage history and see if the text (s) in question were ever received.

brynbamber

Okay - so they are in the call history. But I still haven't received them to my phone.

I've turned the phone on and off.

Anything else I can try?

I'm concerned I've missed other texts that I'm not aware I'm missing...

Bullet77

I find when people are not getting texts , it is usually on a iPhone.

It is ussually iMessage which is causing the issue and a simple reset of the phone ussually resolves it. 

phamyen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Thank you for providing this interesting and very interesting topic information. I will regularly update your next this articles

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @brynbamber 

Do you see those messages in your usage history

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/call-history/

If they are not there that means they never reached pm.

If they are there, they are available for reception for up to 5 days, try restarting phone, toggling airplane mode of and on, or killing and restarting the app

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

gjong26

Could it be that you may have accidentally hit the airplane mode or turned off your celuar service to your phone.  If it works now no issues then yes its a glitch or network problem.  If your phone didnt recieve the text right away due to loss of signal usually you will recieved eventually.  Not getting the msg at all I would say is due to network.  You can also suspect your phone.  Make sure you run your updates to fix any bugs.

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

Well, I can't reply specifically to some system outage, or anything like that, but texts are not the greatest thing for reliability. I don't personally know of any texts that have been sent to me, that disappeared into a cyberspace black hole, but I know my wife has sent some that were never received by their intended target.

Don't know what sort of business you're doing, but if making contact  for business is vital, and you NEED reliability, using the phone to make & receive calls might be the better choice.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@brynbamber what's the make and model of your phone ? Can you send and receive mms messages?  Thanks.

@brynbamber wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.