cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Sim Card

aquariaguy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

Anyone know how I can message a moderator to help me?  I ordered a SIM card on Nov 9, and never received it, and emailed Public Mobile twice with no reply.  I ordered the SIM card to sign up for the promo plan and it's gone and past, I was told I could still get the plan even after?  

Anyone know what I can do?  No one replies to the public mobile emails 😞  This is so frustrating I wonder if it's even worth signing up with PM if this is the kind of service to be expected.  I know it's cheap, but man is it ever frustrating.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

aquariaguy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the help guys.  Would I still be able to sign up for the $40 PM plan that has since expired?  I don't want to lose another $5 again if I can't get the plan 😞

@aquariaguy Follow @mimmo's suggestions; just keep track of your Nov 9 order confirmation then you can follow the instructions here.

Once you have set up your account, private message any moderator to request credit for the lost SIM for which you paid.

While you are waiting this is useful reading.

and if you plan to transfer your current phone number:

- do not use the same email address for Koodo and Public Mobile, if coming from Koodo 

- do not request the port-in during activation; take a temporary number, log out, confirm all services are active, log back into your account and select Transfer Number under Change Phone Number

- do not use any identifier except your account number EXACTLY as shown on your bill; it is the best item for any port-in request

- do not make any errors in the Authourized User; this must be EXACTLY as it appears on your bill

- do not use your number as the Alternate Number; use someone else's

- do not forget to click "I am authourized ...." BEFORE you entering your number (courtesy imm1304)

- do not cancel your account; that will happen automatically

If you can get to Mississauga, I have a spare SIM.

BEWARE: I am not a moderator. While I am happy to receive private messages do not expect a quick response.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@aquariaguyYes it is fustrating,   your order may have fallen through the cracks or might have been lost by canada post, or maybe your neighbour saw the package and decised to join PM  🙂 (kidding).  PM was getting 600 orders a day on average during the end of the promo.

honestly the best bet is order a new one they are arriving in 2 days.  If you are in Victoira area, I would give you my spare /reffer-a-friend one.

When a mod does get back to you they can provide you with a tracking number.  but you are looking about 12 days since your first private message.   

I am sure once the storm has settled they will figure something out re  your first sim card.  if it does arrive keep it and use it as a spare or for a friend.

Need Help? Let's chat.