cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missed calls

Bhargavi12
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Everyday I am getting calls that I got missed call from you, but I am not calling. Someone else is using my number...

how to to fix that?

10 REPLIES 10

CandiceR

Thanks for the reply!

I have had the same number for 10 years and have a small dog business that my number would not be worthy of a hack.

So far the calls have stopped and I'm hoping it stays that way 🙂

Cheers,

Candice

CandiceR

Thank you for your reply.

My number has been the same for almost 10 years - and I sure hope it's not my dog or children's clients that I ticked off lol. The callbacks have been from different age and ethnic groups - so I'm hoping they are not looking for a good time lol

So far I have not received any more of these calls and I'm hoping it stays that way!

Again Thanks! 🙂

@Bhargavi12 wrote:

Everyday I am getting calls that I got missed call from you, but I am not calling. Someone else is using my number...

how to to fix that?

People pretending to call others from different numbers (even if it's your number) is something that has been ongoing. These callers are trying to make these calls look more legitimate to the person answering the call.

This isn't something that Public Mobile can help you with. Your only options are really to block the numbers of the people who think that they're call you back or to change your phone number.  Some phones have the option to automatically send phone calls form people are not saved in your contacts list directly to voicemail.

Sorry to hear this @CandiceR.  However, it sounds like your number may have been spoofed.  Is it listed in any public database, since its a work number?

@CandiceR, if you have reserved your phone number as a business phone number, that would mean you had ported over your past and the current number to Public Mobile. It would be concerned if you picked a new number from Public Mobile.

A missed call to me is someone calling you, and saying "Hey - I just missed your call?" is that it is a legitimate call that after 4x is pranking you. By any chance, you 'pissed' someone off with your business? And this is their way in getting back to you. 

@Bhargavi12, ) I almost feel like someone wrote your number on the bathroom door or wall, and said, call this number and say "Hey - I just missed your call?" instead of "Hey - you wanna good time call..." 

CandiceR

I am having the same issue - has this been resolved?

I have just signed up with Public yesterday and today I have received 4 calls from complete strangers saying "Hey - I just missed your call" yet I have not called anyone.

Please help, I'd hate to cancel Public after my first day - but my number is reserved for important calls only for work. 

Cheers

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Bhargavi12 wrote:

how to to fix that?

Who is calling you? Missed call doesn't mean someone else is using your number. Missed calls could be bad signal or phone set to block some calls .

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Bhargavi12 wrote:

how to to fix that?

What number is calling you to say that you're getting missed calls?  Are you asking about PM's voicemail number perhaps?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Bhargavi12 wrote:

how to to fix that?

@Bhargavi12  Who is "you"? Missed call means that someone was trying to call you. Go into your phone's call history settings and see who was calling you.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire
Need Help? Let's chat.