cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minutes charged for ringing and no answer

Katt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Sorry if this question has been asked (I did try searching for it but was unsuccessful). 

On the $10 plan with 50 minutes. I looked at my usage history and was charged for minutes for calling out but there was no answer. I was charged 1 minute per dial out for a total of 4 calls/4 minutes. 

Also I’m guessing that seconds are rounded up to the next minute? I think I had read this in one of the posts. 

Thanks! 

10 REPLIES 10

@chukdefatey wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@Lieux wrote:

@Katt wrote:

Sorry if this question has been asked (I did try searching for it but was unsuccessful). 

On the $10 plan with 50 minutes. I looked at my usage history and was charged for minutes for calling out but there was no answer. I was charged 1 minute per dial out for a total of 4 calls/4 minutes. 

Also I’m guessing that seconds are rounded up to the next minute? I think I had read this in one of the posts. 

Thanks! 

I was never been charged for call not completed....Are you sure that's the good numbers shown in your usage history?Smiley Frustrated

And yes every second will count as 1 minute.

If you read public mobile's terms of service they state outgoing calls are charged/timed from the time you dial the number, while it is routed and including ring time. So think before you dial. Hanging up before it is answered can still incur a one minute "charge".

Outgoing Calls are only billed if they are answered by a human or if the Voice Mail kicks in.   If no answer, or the number is busy you are not billed for the call 

That's great if pm only bills when a call is answered which is industry norm I just wanted the user to be aware of the terms of service as in a dispute they would prevail if pm wanted them to.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darlicious wrote:

@Lieux wrote:

@Katt wrote:

Thanks! 

I was never been charged for call not completed....Are you sure that's the good numbers shown in your usage history?Smiley Frustrated

If you read public mobile's terms of service they state outgoing calls are charged/timed from the time you dial the number, while it is routed and including ring time. So think before you dial. Hanging up before it is answered can still incur a one minute "charge".

Outgoing Calls are only billed if they are answered by a human or if the Voice Mail kicks in.   If no answer, or the number is busy you are not billed for the call 

@Lieux wrote:

@Katt wrote:

Thanks! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AE_Collector wrote:

Placing a call that is answered by voice mail WILL charge 1 minute or more. Sometimes you can have attempted to hit END before being answered by VM but may have not done so quite quickly enough.

Terry

Calls that drop to the PM voicemail do not consume minutes.

Placing a call that is answered by voice mail WILL charge 1 minute or more. Sometimes you can have attempted to hit END before being answered by VM but may have not done so quite quickly enough.

Terry

Anonymous
Not applicable

@notyet wrote:

I am new in the system, also experiencing minute charges that are incorrect. my 50 minutes defleted to 25 in just 4 days. 20 of the 25 minutes were charged incorrectly

So you got calls...you didn't answer...what happened? Did it go to the PM voicemail? Did it go to some other voicemail? Did it go anywhere?

Remember too that the call time is rounded up to the next minute. So if you even had a 15 second call...that's a minute.

notyet
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am new in the system, also experiencing minute charges that are incorrect. my 50 minutes defleted to 25 in just 4 days. 20 of the 25 minutes were charged incorrectly

jotsang
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Katt wrote:

Thanks! 

Airtime is used to route a call and any ring time as per Terms of Service:

Charges for voice calls are based on the airtime used when you make and receive calls on your mobile phone. Voice airtime is calculated, for both incoming and outgoing calls, from the time the call is initiated to the time it is disconnected, including the time used to route the call through the network and any ring time. The airtime for each voice call is rounded up to the nearest minute.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Katt wrote:

Thanks! 

Did your calls go to voicemail?  I mean did voicemail answer when you were still on the line?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Katt wrote:

Thanks! 

Need Help? Let's chat.