cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message use that I did not initiate showing up in my account?

Ron2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just signed up yesterday, and I checked my account today. I have a very basic plan with 50 talk minutes, 50 outgoing messages, and no data. To my knowlege I have not initiated any messages. I spent most of the time trying to get my iPhone 7 (iOS 12) to even work on the Public Mobile network. 

Where would these outgoing messages be coming from? At this rate I will have used up my allotment of messages in a few days. I don't even really want to use messaging. 

9 REPLIES 9

chris32

I'm sorry Ron but my suggestion was an error, it stop by it self, but if you put your sim card out of your phone and reinserted in it,  the iPhone will begin to send message at 474663 again every time you shut down and open your phone. I don't no why it send it but it will stop. It take me over 30 messages before it stop.

chris32

@Ron2 wrote:

You mentioned you did not even want to use messages so if you let it eat all of them up it won't matter?

Yes, it won't matter much as long as I don't get charged for messages over my limit using the balance in my account. If it starts doing that, then I will get irritated!

Impossible.

This is the beauty of a pre-paid service. There are no overages because you only get what you paid for. Once you run out of data you no longer have data. If you don't have a "long distance" plan (anything outside your province / city / canada wide, canada-us, etc) plan you canno't call long distance.The system also warns you when you get close to running out of your limits with text messages.

There are never any extra charges ever.

Ron2

You mentioned you did not even want to use messages so if you let it eat all of them up it won't matter?

Yes, it won't matter much as long as I don't get charged for messages over my limit using the balance in my account. If it starts doing that, then I will get irritated!

@Ron2 wrote:

Slash,

I have no idea what the messages are. I can't even figure out how to view sent messages. I'm new to iPhone... If I go into the messages thing the only thing I can do is compose a message. 

I'm not sure I can even use iMessage as I do not have data in my plan?

Don't worry the messages with the 474663 will ended in few days. We have 6 iphones here and everytime in the beginning we had some texts and with nothing done they ended. As @RobertQc mentionned let the moderator know about them.

@Ron2 

@Ron2 wrote:

Thank you for the response. Yes they are all 474663 numbers plus a few to a Saskatchewan number that I looked up as shown on this link:

http://canada411.yellowpages.ca/fs/1-306-580-4001?what=306-580-4001

Can you clarify the Share My Location thing? Do I essentially turn it off twice? If I do that does that limit any functionality on my iPhone? Like find my phone?

306-580-4001 was an old no longer in service voicemail number iirc, it sounds like you also need to configure your phone to one of the correct voicemail access numbers. I am trying to find that list. EDIT* (Click here for the voicemail # access list)

I canno't clarify the sharing my location link, that is a suggestion by @chris32 and have included a link to his topic, you can do more research on that if you want to know. I do not use apple. You now know both issues with your phone, apple trying to set things up (blame them, not youself or public mobile) and an incorrect voicemail number)

Ron2

Slash,

I have no idea what the messages are. I can't even figure out how to view sent messages. I'm new to iPhone... If I go into the messages thing the only thing I can do is compose a message. 

I'm not sure I can even use iMessage as I do not have data in my plan?

Ron2

Thank you for the response. Yes they are all 474663 numbers plus a few to a Saskatchewan number that I looked up as shown on this link:

http://canada411.yellowpages.ca/fs/1-306-580-4001?what=306-580-4001

Can you clarify the Share My Location thing? Do I essentially turn it off twice? If I do that does that limit any functionality on my iPhone? Like find my phone?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@slash407 wrote:

what do the messages say? could give us an idea, date and time

@slash407 not needed.  It's pretty clear from @Ron2's description that this is the iMessage issue that has come up in the community many times already (I'm sure you've come across threads about this issue before).  Also, @RobertQc has already listed out the issue in much detail above.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Ron2 wrote:

I just signed up yesterday, and I checked my account today. I have a very basic plan with 50 talk minutes, 50 outgoing messages, and no data. To my knowlege I have not initiated any messages. I spent most of the time trying to get my iPhone 7 (iOS 12) to even work on the Public Mobile network. 

Where would these outgoing messages be coming from? At this rate I will have used up my allotment of messages in a few days. I don't even really want to use messaging. 

@Ron2 

If you log-in to self serve and click “View My Usage” you will see the outgoing text and the number it was sent to.

The most common issue is both iPhones usually 474663 (iMessage/FaceTime) and usually 7723 Google (android) phones use SMS to set up things when you first sign up a new number / phone / provider / restart phone.

On Android remove “SMS” permissions from the dialer app which should be labelled as “Phone” in settings under app info or app permissions.

On iPhone you want to disable iMessage and FaceTime (before you insert the sim card or you may still be some sent) if you want to use iMessage and FaceTime there is no way around these messages being sent. It's not public mobile its Apple, complain to them if you want.

Settings -> Messages -> iMessage (Slide to the left so slider background is white)
Settings -> Messages > FaceTime (Slide to the left so slider background is white)

It has been suggested by chris32 here that 474663 is actually location sharing services on apple devices.

How to stop automatic messages.

After a couple of days I found the problem that cause sending messages in background on iPhone and It's not icloud our Android cloud.

Here, how to stop that:

Step #1 : From primary screen: Push on Setting >>> Privacy >>> Location services >>> System Services >>> Share My Location  = Put the button OFF

Step #2 : Go back to Location services (return) >>> Share my Location  = Put the button OFF.

Also send a private message to the moderator team Click this to send them a message with your *EDIT (No need for pin) PIN & Phone number and explain what happened. If your plan is limited 50 texts and they were not done with you it is likely they will offset these messages.

There is also a chance if someone sent you a message (even if you didn’t respond) your phone will send a “delivery confirmation” back without your knowledge that will count as 1 of your outgoing text. That should be disabled as well.

Need Help? Let's chat.