cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Me = new here - very new - input incorrect digits in attempt to port number - how to alert Moderator

ACMM
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Need to not take wrong number over - how to fix?  

6 REPLIES 6

@ACMM wrote:

Need to not take wrong number over - how to fix?  

Since the wrong phone number was entered, the porting request will fail. Unfortunately, this would also means any text messages sent to the incorrect phone number (potentially someone else's number) coming from another Telus customer would get delivered to you instead of the person who should have received it. I think this is a security flaw that Telus needs to correct, even it means that they need to overhaul the way that they do number porting. As it is now, there are zero checks in place to ensure that a person is authorized to use that phone number before Telus/Koodo/Public assigns it to the account, although I do realize that the actual porting will fail with incorrect account informaiton being provided.

As others have said, only moderators can fix a broken porting request.

ACMM

Thanks - much appreciated 

ACMM

Thanks - hope to get it sorted soon 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@ACMM 

If you enter the wrong information, the port will likely fail anyways.  You need correct previous carrier account number, account holder name and phone number for a port to be completed correctly.  

You will need to contact moderator to get it fixed anyways.  

To contact moderator via 2 methods:

1. Ticketing system - faster response time

Click on the question mark on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Contact moderator. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

or

2 Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.