cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MY NEW PHONE IS NOT WORKING

deshenghong
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hello,

I just got my sim card and activated in walmart. I insert sim card into cell phone. It looks my phone is on public mobile network, but it can't be dailed out/in. Do you know what is problem?

My phone is 647 XXX XXXX.

25 REPLIES 25

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@deshenghong if you must use this phone, your only choice in Canada is Rogers or Fido, since only Rogers operates a 2G GSM network in Canada, and the 850MHz + 1900 MHz GSM frequencies Rogers operates on are supported by that phone.  The phone is missing the required 1900MHz 3G band needed by all Canadian carriers for 3G use, and phone calls are done using 3G (excluding VoLTE, which is only supported on the higher tier carriers and usually only on a handful of supported devices sold directly by those carriers, not a device you brought yourself from another region--this phone appears to be geared toward the European market).  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Thanks @LEGO, glad you found them useful!

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@sheytoon I see extensive information on frequencies in your posts. Thanks for your contribution!

@deshenghong

You need a phone that supports the correct frequencies. See here for more info:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/LTE-network-fundamentals/m-p/134356#M5822...

Sounds like your phone is not compatible. Please note Public Mobile does not have a 2G network at all.

LEGO

Public Mobile does not work on 2G network, only 3G or 4G / LTE.

deshenghong

could we use 2G for that?

deshenghong

what about public mobile 3G network 

LEGO

If I am not mistaken, this phone does not support Public Mobile 3G frequencies.
Phone Specification: link

1111.jpg

LEGO

I just checked on Google and see that other people have the same issue with this phone.

deshenghong

yes, 

but wherever I insert my card, it always access 4G network

LEGO

Is it dual SIM card phone?

deshenghong

I did. If I choose 3G/2G, I won't connect to the network, but if I include 4G/3G/2G, it only connect to 4G network

LEGO

Check your settings Network Mode and select “Auto mode”.

deshenghong

huawei SLA-AL00

LEGO

What is make / model of your phone?

deshenghong

why my phone only access 4G network?

@deshenghong wrote:

I tried other unlocked phones. As soon as I login 3G network. My phone is working.

but when I use main phone, it only accessed 4G network.

Regards,

That's frustrating, but welcome aboard. These are the network frequencies that operate on PM:  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telus_Mobility.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

deshenghong

I tried other unlocked phones. As soon as I login 3G network. My phone is working.

but when I use main phone, it only accessed 4G network.

Regards,

To rule out your phone as the issue, try your PM SIM in another unlocked, or Koodo/Telus, phone.

Of course, reboot your phone too.

deshenghong

Perhaps login to your account to be sure calling was added to your plan.

My plan is 10$ basic plan.

Regards,

LEGO

@deshenghong Please, answer questions that Luddite asked you already in the second post, so that we can help you better. Thank you!

Sounds like a delayed activation UNLESS your phone is missing PM's 3G network frequencies. All calls are carried on the 3G network..

Likely though, you will need moderator assistance. Click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with your phone number, account PIN, and an explanation. Moderator hours are: Monday - Friday 9AM (ET) - 9PM (ET); Saturday - Sunday 9AM (ET) - 7:30PM (ET).

Perhaps login to your account to be sure calling was added to your plan.

deshenghong

I can text message between my public moble phone and other phone. but  I can' dail up.

deshenghong

Hello, 

I have my own phone. my phone is unlocked because my phone has accessed public mobile network. and also I recieved the text message from your system regarding to my pin number and voice message. but the only thing is I can't dail up and can't recieve the phone.

thank you for your fast response.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Need more info to help you:

a) Did you request a transfer of your number from another carrier? When?

b) What is make/model of your phone?

c) Are you certain it is unlocked, or from Koodo/Telus?

Need Help? Let's chat.