cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MY DATA NOT WORKING

jnovoa123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi  I got my  sim card  yesterday with 40 dollar plan with data , but data is not working with my apple phone ,apn setting is all set and accurate , it  shows lte some time 3g but data not work

9 REPLIES 9

@jnovoa123 wrote:

my plan says 4gb 3g speed 

iphone 7 i am using 

OK, it should be working. A few more things to try:

- confirm you can make calls and texts

- reboot the phone

- cellular data turned on?

- go to Settings >> General >> About and install any updates offered

- toggle airplane mode off/on

- remove sim for few minutes, then install and reboot

- go to Settings >> General, then if you see "Profiles and device management" delete any profiles

- remove any VPNs

- reset all network settings; you will need to add back wifi passwords after that.

- try SIM in another phone and a good SIM in your phone

- LAST desperate measure when all else fails; erase all data and restore phone to factory settings

If still no success, you will need assistance from moderators. Click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator's team with your phone number, PIN, and an explanation. Moderator hours are as follows: Monday to Friday, 9 am (ET) to 9 pm (ET); Saturday - Sunday 9 am (ET) - 7:30 pm (ET). The answer is usually in a few hours, but can take 24.

Usually, iPhones work the moment they locate the network.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

jnovoa123

my plan says 4gb 3g speed 

iphone 7 i am using 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Just a stupid question what does your plan say in self serve? Sometimes the plans are not added correctly.

mimmo

Just a stupid question what does your plan say in self serve? Sometimes the plans are not added correctly.

@jnovoa123 What model do you have? Do calls/texts work?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

jnovoa123

hi i did  all  thing  but nothing working 

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jnovoa123 wrote:

Hi  I got my  sim card  yesterday with 40 dollar plan with data , but data is not working with my apple phone ,apn setting is all set and accurate , it  shows lte some time 3g but data not work

Hi @jnovoa123,

Please try to reset your network settings using the following instrutions and let us know if this helps:

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellularsettings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

vogelhut
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The first thing to do is make sure everything has been entered properly. Unfortunately there won't be an indication if there's a typo in any of the APN settings. It may also take several minutes for the phone to fully apply the settings and connect to the network. Afterwards, try restarting your phone if you haven't already.

mimmo

Not an apple perdon but rember people mentiong that a carrier  update might be needed

Need Help? Let's chat.