cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MODERATOR : I can not get any calls to my phone anymore. Need to refresh the account ASAP.

mtalukder
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

My phone number is 8**-***-***4. I just got the SIM on the 5th of June. Everything was working just fine but now whenever someone calls me they get engaged tone. Please reset or refresh ASAP.

Edited by ShawnC removed phone number

13 REPLIES 13

@mtalukder wrote:

I have the 10$ talk/text plan.

My balance was $2. I just tried to add $5, as you mentioned. it added $3 as my total became $5 now. Still not working.

I understand that people are saying for you to now purchase and activate the add-on, but are you saying that you had a $2 pre-existing balance, did a $5 top up, but now have $5 balance?  Or did you do a $3 top up?

Dhara
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

2 step process. add money and then add on. simple

@mtalukderYou are close.. You have $5 in your balance in your account now.. now you need to purchase extra minutes to tie you over to next month.

Please follow these instructions by @srlawren on how to purchase add ons.

@mtalukder wrote:

My balance was $2. I just tried to add $5, as you mentioned. it added $3 as my total became $5 now. Still not working.

@mtalukder You still need to purchase the addon now. Look for the one that says 500 Canads wide minutes. Once you add it to your account you should be able to make calls again.

@mtalukder 

Buying an add on is a two step process.  Load the funds into balance and then purchase add on.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974#M22...

mtalukder

@mtalukder 

If you don't see any add ons in your overview page, that usually means that you ran out of that option.  You have not answered previous questions on which plan you are on, whether texts work, data, etc.

Moderator response times are 1-2 days....

If you ran out of talk minutes, you can buy $5 add on for 500 Canada wide minutes.  The unused minutes do roll over to the next month until used up. 

@mtalukder wrote:

Tried lost or stolen trick. Did not work. It says I don't have any addons. And it is saying the local calls are long distance. Please help!!

What plan do you have?  Can you give us a screenshot of your overview page (with personal info removed)

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mtalukder

Tried lost or stolen trick. Did not work. It says I don't have any addons. And it is saying the local calls are long distance. Please help!!

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can try going to your settings and under   Wireless & Networks, click   More.   The click on   Cellular Networks and then Network Operators.    Then select   "Public Mobile".   If that doesn't work, power off your phone and remove the SIM.  Re-insert and power on.   If you still have problems then you would need to contact a moderator. Moderator can be reached at  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@mtalukder wrote:

Hi,

My phone number is 8**-***-***4. I just got the SIM on the 5th of June. Everything was working just fine but now whenever someone calls me they get engaged tone. Please reset or refresh ASAP.

Edited by ShawnC removed phone number

@mtalukder, if you are on the $10 limited minutes plan and have used them all up you won't even be able to receive calls.  If you are not on that plan what plan are you on?  You can also contact the Moderators for assistance in case it is something the community can't help with.

To send a private message to a moderator click this link and describe your issue.

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern)

More info on moderators

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@mtalukder wrote:

Hi,

My phone number is ***. I just got the SIM on the 5th of June. Everything was working just fine but now whenever someone calls me they get engaged tone. Please reset or refresh ASAP.

@mtalukder  You may want to remove your phone number

You are on a public forum, use this link to send a message to the moderator team.

Make sure your device is not on the blacklist here https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

What is your current account status? What plan are you on? Are you connected to the public mobile network? Can you make outgoing calls? What about text? What about data?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@mtalukder wrote:

Hi,

@mtalukder  What plan are you on? Is your account active? Can you make calls out?

Try the lost/stolen phone trick:

To report your phone stolen. Login to your selfserve account. Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Choose the Lost/Stolen Phone tab. Choose Suspend Service tab. Wait a few minutes. Report your phone found. Re-start you phone

Edited by ShawnC removed phone number from Quote

Need Help? Let's chat.