cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS

wleung
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Do the Public Mobile plans allow MMS, particularly, the $10/30days for 50 min and 50 outoing texts that I am using?

If yes, would outgoing MMS messages be counted towards the 50 outgoing texts quota, and how can I send them (i.e. how does my cell phone need to be set up or configured)?

Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@wleung wrote:

Thanks for your replies.

The Moderator Team has just confirmed with me that "Yes, MMS is definitely included in your plan and it will count towards to 50 outgoing texts."

I will test it out to see how it works when I have the chance.

You need to enable data on your phone in order to send and receive MMS.  The $10 plan does not include data.  Since PM plans are prepaid plan, you will not charge for data usage used by MMS.

@wleung wrote:

Thanks for your replies.

The Moderator Team has just confirmed with me that "Yes, MMS is definitely included in your plan and it will count towards to 50 outgoing texts."

Glad you got an answer. MMS is just an sms that includes some data in the form of a image. With that being said you will need data turned on to use MMS even though you do not have data as an option.

EDIT: Set up your APN settings as if you had data.

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en

wleung

Thanks for your replies.

destorois
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@wleung  a écrit :

Do the Public Mobile plans allow MMS, particularly, the $10/30days for 50 min and 50 outoing texts that I am using?

If yes, would outgoing MMS messages be counted towards the 50 outgoing texts quota, and how can I send them (i.e. how does my cell phone need to be set up or configured)?

Thanks in advance

The following is the complete APN configuration I use in Android:

Name: Public Mobile mms only

APN: sp.mb.com

Proxy: Not set - leave blank

Port: Not set - leave blank

Username: Not set - leave blank

Password: Not set - leave blank

Server: Not set - leave blank

MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc

MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18

MMS port: 80

MCC: 302

MNC: 220

Authentication type: Not set

APN type: mms

APN protocol: IPv4

APN roaming protocol: IPv4

APN enable/disable: APN enabled

Bearer: Unspecified

MVNO type: GID

MVNO value: 4D4F

* the original values for APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri

By using this configuration, your cellular data connection will only work for MMS.  If you have or add a data plan and wish to use cellular data, you must restore 'APN type' to the original values (listed above).

NewZQ

I doubt it, it only says unlimited incomming text so it wont include mms. And for outgoing I don't think it would work to send images with sms app. Thats what the plan says.

Edit : Thats weird this user says that he can send mms and it is not counted in those 50 limit. 

Edit2: I guess sending mms is unlimited but it says nothing about receving them.

So you can send 50 sms and unlimited mms(pheraps try the edit2 link to convert sms to mms) and recevie unlimited sms but recevie mms I have no ideea.

Need Help? Let's chat.