cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS messaging

Chris88
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Using an iphone SE. Tried sending pictures with my texts and it says MMS messaging needs to be enabled. Everything is turned on. What am I missing?

11 REPLIES 11

Chris88

Hi. Went thro turning on/off all the relevant settings and it works now in every case except one of my neighbors. Strange, because with my old provider her phone always accepted texts with photos. Anyway, all is well. Thank you all.

@Chris88  Try the following:

• Turn MMS off and back on and test
  • Reset cellular settings and test
  • Reset network settings and test.

If it's still not working submit a ticket to PM and ask them to reset your account. To submit a ticket hit the ? bottom right of your screen.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's an iphone.

@Chris88 

Have you tried all of the slightly different APN settings? Most importantly is it like these?

1. MMSC   http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/MMSC
  2. MMS proxy  mmscproxy.mobility.ca
  3. MMS port  8799
  4. MCC   302
  5. MNC  220
  6. APN type  default,mms,supl,fota,hipri
  7. APN protocol  IPv4
  8. APN  roaming protocol  lPv4
  9. Mobile virtual network operator type  GID
  10. Mobile virtual network operator value  4D4F

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chris88 wrote:

Hello, as I said yesterday everything is enabled regarding data and messaging.

Yesterday?? Did you post under another username? These are your first two posts under this username. And it's still today in BC and AB.

@Chris88 wrote:

Hello, as I said yesterday everything is enabled regarding data and messaging. Thank you for your input but just not working. Not very tech savvy, but PM is great. Been here almost two weeks and only yesterday sorted out the new email recovery. Also, returned from BC to AB a few days ago and it took 36 hrs to even place a local call without the result being "call failed". Seems patience, time and experimentation are my best allies here. Anyway, I'll get it sorted, just didn't want you all to think I blew off your advice. Probably missing something simple and elemental. Thanks for your help. C.

@Chris88It's hard to know what you are talking about without posting in your existing thread / posting a link to it without us trying to find your old posts. If your MMS is still not working, continue the thread with an explanation of what you have tried and exact values/ screen shots. The help from the community is endless. If you continue requesting help, you will get it.

Edit! Thanks @computergeek541 for moving this to his old topic.

Chris88

Hello, as I said yesterday everything is enabled regarding data and messaging. Thank you for your input but just not working. Not very tech savvy, but PM is great. Been here almost two weeks and only yesterday sorted out the new email recovery. Also, returned from BC to AB a few days ago and it took 36 hrs to even place a local call without the result being "call failed". Seems patience, time and experimentation are my best allies here. Anyway, I'll get it sorted, just didn't want you all to think I blew off your advice. Probably missing something simple and elemental. Thanks for your help. C.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Chris88 data and MMS has to be on.

1. Open Settings.

2. Tap on Messages (it should be about halfway down the column that starts with "Passwords & Accounts").

3. Scroll down to the column with the heading "SMS/MMS" and if necessary tap on "MMS Messaging" to turn the toggle green.

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Chris88 wrote:

Using an iphone SE. Tried sending pictures with my texts and it says MMS messaging needs to be enabled. Everything is turned on. What am I missing?

@Chris88 hi as mentioned you must have data enabled and the person receiving must also have data on

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Chris88 make sure to have data enabled when sending MMS

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Chris88 wrote:

Under iPhone Messages settings:
iMessage = enabled

SMS/MMS
MMS Messaging = enabled
Group Messaging = enabled
All other Messages settings are disabled

How do you know what message type you are sending or receiving on iPhone?
Messages with green bubbles are normal SMS/MMS text messages.
Message with blue bubbles are sent via the iMessage

Need Help? Let's chat.