cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS for Windows 10 - Alcatel Idol S4

Iminvic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just got  new phone.  Love it, and can receive and send texts, but can't get MMS set up.  Found instructions for Windows 8 (as follows), but my phone doesn't have the WAP boxes.  A further post says Windows 10 uses the word "proxy server" and "proxy port" instead of "WAP gateway" etc.  Can anyone help please? 

Step 3 (for picture and video messaging)
Settings > cellular > Add or Edit MMS APN
Step 4
You will need to input the following info: 
APN:  sp.mb.com 
Username: Leave blank 
Password: Leave blank 
WAP gateway (URL): 74.49.0.18  
WAP gateway port: 80 
MMSC (URL): http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc 
MMSC port: 80
Maximum MMS size: Leave blank
IP type: default,supl,mms 

15 REPLIES 15

Iminvic

Excellent.  Maybe mine has, or will rectify itself.  Haven't tried in a while.  Good to know it's not the phone.   Hope you enjoy the phone, I do in spite of this glitch.

Melissa2

Hey 🙂 

Yes i can receive and send pictures as well as texts.  At first i could only send/receive texts and send pics but now i can do everything ; send/ receive texts and pictures.   I did absolutely nothing,...just put the sim card back in the phone ( for  like the 20th time) and this time it worked.  I am affraid to remove the sim card incase the problem begins again...so hopefully i dont have to remove sim card.  Thanks

Iminvic

Just to be clear Melissa, I could always send and receive texts, but not ones containing mms.  I can send pictures, but not receive pictures via text.  Make sure you can do that if it’s important to you.  My friends know to send pics to me by WhatsApp.  I may have returned my phone if I had realized soon enough, but I do like the phone and have learned to live with the workaround.

Melissa2

Yesterday, i gave up, packed up my phone and was ready to return, then my husband decided to try one last time, he put the sim car in, did nothing different, and for some odd reason, everything was working ?????? I can send and receive texts now.  I have no idea why. Very very odd. Im hoping that eveything is ok now and it wont suddenly not work again. We will  see. thanks to everyone for their help.

Iminvic

@matbasm@Melissa2My message of a while ago about setting from PAP to Automatic did not work for the long term.  I thought it was the solution, but only worked for sending, and I didn't realize at the time that I could not receive.

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Melissa2, did you see the post by @Iminvic on 2017-09-30?  Perhaps it might be useful?

--> Aha !   I think I answered my own question, and I post my discovery for others who may run into the same issue.  One of the settings not mentioned in the instructions I had found was "Sign on Method" which appeared as "PAP" (whatever that is).  I changed that to "Automatic" and all seems well - my pic was sent.  I mention this for other Windows 10 or new Alcatel Idol users.  Thnx all.

Iminvic

No Melissa, I have not figured it out despite the advice of a couple of Windows MVPs, and I have given up trying.  I can still send pics, but those few people who send me mms use WhatsApp.   Disappointing, but the problem is not with PM, as my previous Lumia (Windows) worked out of the box with no additional settings.  I otherwise really like the phone and it suits me in every other way ... and it was too late to return it anyway.

Melissa2

Hello, did you figure out how to receive pictures with the alcatel idol 4S windows ?  I have spent over 6 hours entering all kinds of apn settings and nothing works. I seem to be able to send pictures but can not receive.   Is the problem with public mobile or the phone ?  If you managed to figure out what to entre in the phone please please let me know, if not i will be returning the phone this week. Thank you

@Iminvic, the USB is not the same size.  The 640 will be micro usb and the idol 4 S will be USB-C.  I love the usb-C doesn't matter what way you plug it in.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Iminvic, I have the 640 as well and the 640 XL  now have an 830 since my wife went to android plus my 950XL.  I love the platform on the phone.  I hope there is an announcement soon so we know the future planse

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Iminvic

Love the phone, it's beautiful.   I had a 640 before, so slightly larger.  Really sleek, reactive and smooth operation.  The fingerprint feature works well despite what I had read.  You have to get used to the button placements because they are quite different, but no big deal.  The only thing I'm not crazy about is the USB cable.  It's the same shape, but slightly larger (proprietary I guess), so you may hard to find a quick charger.  Comes with a VR headset which is kind of fun.  Oh ya, cases are hard to find so you'll have to get one online.  

@Iminvic, how do you like the Idol 4S  I currently have the 950XL but with the super sale they are having on the Idol I think I am going to order it.

Iminvic

Yes Mana - and thnx

Iminvic

Aha !   I think I answered my own question, and I post my discovery for others who may run into the same issue.  One of the settings not mentioned in the instructions I had found was "Sign on Method" which appeared as "PAP" (whatever that is).  I changed that to "Automatic" and all seems well - my pic was sent.  I mention this for other Windows 10 or new Alcatel Idol users.  Thnx all.

Need Help? Let's chat.