cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS Fails

fergus8
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

MMS quit working today.

It was working previously (after help I got here).

I enlose the settings from https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile along with the Jethro flip phone settings equivalents.

In summary, it was working but when I tried to use it today, it fails.

SMS text goes through no problems.

Any help?

fail.jpgj1.jpg

12 REPLIES 12

@fergus8 wrote:

Airplane Mode (In My Jethro SC300-V3) is Settings>Call settings>Others>Flight Mode) and yes, that fixed it.

Many thanks to you and other responders.

Generally, solutions shouldn't be given to yoruself. I've change it to reflect that a member previously gave the advice of toggling airplane mode.

fergus8

That's interesting and I'll keep that info in the trouble log that I started for this new phone.

Many thanks.

@fergus8 

You had a poor connection or none at all! In future when you have trouble sending or receiving texts or poor call quality, dropped or missed calls its likely due to a poor connection. Airplane mode completely disconnects you from the network then re-establishes a better connection once toggled off again.

fergus8

Airplane Mode (In My Jethro SC300-V3) is Settings>Call settings>Others>Flight Mode) and yes, that fixed it.

Many thanks to you and other responders.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@fergus8 

Please check your APN settings for typo.  It is not easy to type on a flip phone.

OR  

Create a moderator support ticket download a configuration file to your Jethro 

using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.

1. Tell SIMon what is the issue (important) - "MMS not working"
2. Ask for "moderator"
3. SIMon will give your 2 choices. Click on the "Account-specific question"
4. Then, click on "No, I want a human"
5. Click "Submit a ticket"
6. Follow instruction to create support ticket.
7. After submitted a ticket, members should check their private message SENT folder for their ticket which they just created.
If you cannot find your ticket in your SENT box, You did not create your support ticket yet. Also monitor your INBOX for any reply from moderator.
Click the envelop icon at the top right corner to access your private message mailbox.

You can also enable email notification after receiving a private message at your INBOX.
My settings --> PREFERENCES --> Private Messenger --> enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages' --> Save

fergus8
SC330-V3
It worked last week ok

fergus8
MMS proxy in my phone is “Gateway” – I used the settings in your message, but it still failed.

fergus8
In “Settings” > “Connections”
“Data connection setting” > “Always connect”.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@fergus8 

Which Jethro flip phone do you have?

Some older Jethro flip phone supports only GSM and does not support 3G or LTE signals.

My mother was using a Jethro flip phone on Speakout on Rogers network.  It did not work with PM because it supports GSM only.  I got an Alcatel GO flip for PM service.

@fergus8 

Can you send SMS? Toggle airplane mode on/off. Try again.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@fergus8 try using

• MMS proxy: mmscproxy.mobility.ca for
  • port: 8799

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Is your data on?

It uses data bit it will not be counted against your data. But it must have access to network

Need Help? Let's chat.