cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MEID

yanghao941le
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I am in the public mobile, but I filled in the wrong MEID, but the phone can not set APN, can not access the Internet

螢幕快照 2019-04-01 上午8.59.43.png

11 REPLIES 11

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@yanghao941le any updates?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Luddite wrote:

@yanghao941le What is the make/model of your phone?

@Luddite  this is a very important question.  I'm guessing this may be an overseas phone without compatible UMTS frequencies.

@yanghao941le I noticed too that you have selcted the Telus APN (sp.telus.com) rather than the Public Mobile one (sp.mb.com).  You may need to enter manually, but please start with @Luddite's question so we can try to confirm compatibility first.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@yanghao941le What is the make/model of your phone?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@yanghao941le wrote:

Hello, I am in the public mobile, but I filled in the wrong MEID, but the phone can not set APN, can not access the Internet

Does your phone actually have a MEID?  MEID was generally introduced to replace ESN, particularly for some of the "newer" CDMA devices.  I am thinking that you mean IMEI.

As for entering the wrong IMEI, the only time that you need to enter that is if you have chosen to the that for number porting, although other pieces of infromation can be used for a phone number transfer.

If you're speaking just of the Public Mobile compatibility checker, it doesn't actually matter what you type into that, nor do you even have to use that tool if you know that your device is compatible with Public Mobile.

@Alex888 wrote:
@will13amHe said he entered the number in wrong, i told him to contact the moderators to change the number on his account, not the number on his phone.

There's no need for this.  Public Mobile already knows the IMEI of the device being used. 

@Alex888 wrote:
@will13amHe said he entered the number in wrong, i told him to contact the moderators to change the number on his account, not the number on his phone.

I am somewhat confused by the OP myself.  It seems like the issue is with getting mobile data to work.  It is obvious the APN settings shown are not correct for this service.  As for entering IMEI, it has a role in number porting.  I did not see any reference to number porting being a problem.  Apart from that, do you know of any other place in the account that requires phone IMEI?

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@yanghao941le 

I am not sure your internet access problem is related at all to MEID.  I do not recall having to enter such information upon account activation. Perhaps there is another issue.

Have you tried restarting your phone?

Or your phone may not be compatible with Telus/Public Mobile network?

@will13am He said he entered the number in wrong, i told him to contact the moderators to change the number on his account, not the number on his phone.

@Alex888 wrote:

@yanghao941le  To change your IMEI number you will have to contact a moderator, you can send them a private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

What type of phone do you have?

The moderator team cannot change a customer's phone IMEI.  I am not sure whether it is legal to do something like this.  Each phone is provided with a unique IMEI by the manufacturer.  Changing it is similar to changing the serial number on a car. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@yanghao941le, when you say you entered the wrong MEID, is that in the phone compatibility checker?  What model of phone are you using and what android edition is installed on the phone.  Android 8 had issues with lost ability to enter new APNs. 

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

@yanghao941le  To change your IMEI number you will have to contact a moderator, you can send them a private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

What type of phone do you have?

Need Help? Let's chat.