cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loyal Old Member porting back to Public with 15$ discount 1 year

shine94
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My number was originally Public Mobile and I ported it to some other network. Few days back I received an email from public mobile that if I port back to public then I will get 15$ a month discount on 40+ $ plans for 1 year and 2$ discount for auto pay. Yesterday I bought the sim and ported to public. Now I have received the message and email regarding 2$ discount but not regarding the 15$ discount. I hope it is applied soon as stated in email within 30 days. Anyone else like me joined public with this promotion want to share the experience?

15 REPLIES 15

@jadedetrey 

Check your email to see if you recieved an offer....but there may have been a length of time since you left or that you were a customer with public mobile in order to get this deal. Keep checking in to see when pm offers another promotion. Maybe for Canada Day....

When you do decide to sign up again just choose a temporary number. Then if you want to port your landline number in you can contact the moderators to port it in for you (takes up to 7 days for landlines.) You can always purchase a flip phone to avoid the addictiveness of smartphones and the need for data....then all you need is the $15 plan and maybe the $5/500 min add on (rolls over every month til consumed) to tap into when you might use up your 100 outgoing minutes some months. Check out this cell phone recycling company....looks like they are popular since they have a reduced inventory since the last time I checked them out a couple months ago.....

jadedetrey
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just left a message below in response to you both. 🙂

jadedetrey

Hi!  The only reason I left was that I decided to cancel my cell phone account ( Meaning I didn't want to use a cell anymore). I am trying out a landline for a while... but alas, have had some issues with this landline - so I decided to get a cell again - but try to use just for emergency or less in general.  Public Mobile is great... no issues there 🙂

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@shine94 why did you leave in the first place? I just joined recently and love it here, I ask myself why I didnt find it sooner lol. 

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I'm wondering too, did you need a new device, or some other pleasant looking offer at another carrier? 🤔

shine94
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

for the coupon part, that offer was offered to me only and was linked to my email ID. there was no coupon so its user based

Daniel_macleod1

No you cannot use the same sim card! You have to get a new one and most likely a new account..

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jadedetrey accounts expire after 90 days of going expired. 

If you tried logging in to selfe serve and can get in you can use your old sim.  If not you need to buy a new simcards and start over with a new account and new email address for self serve.

Ask a friend for a referal code to get a $10 account credit.

jadedetrey

Hi There, I saw this thread and am curious too. I am not a "loyal old member" but I am a loyal new member"... I had public mobile fora few months earlier this year but then decided to get rid of using a cell phone and instead moved over to get a landline with another company.  Unfortunately I have been experiencing too much issues with this new landline service so; I am wanting to get back on with Public Mobile with a new cell phone that is more basic ( less addicting to use!)

My question is: can I use the same sim card I used earlier this year with Public? Also, I like the sound of that Monthly $15 discount - but imagine it is only valid if you are a long time public mobile user? - and you would need to actually be personally emailed the coupon..? 

Thank you for any feedback.

I was searching in the community because I am having trouble re-signing up because I do not have a current cell phone number which is required to sign up with. I am not even sure if my account has been disconnected? Except - I was able to ask these questions here so assume I am still linking with Public slightly. THANK YOU for any help 🙂

tweakthis
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Welcome back. 🙂

dude65
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Welcome back to back to PM. I dont know the circumstances, but i would not have left PM in the first place. Your offer should be in your account within 30 days.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@shine94 Glad to see you back! If you used the same email for coming back to PM, you will get the discount within 30 days since joining. To be fully sure, I would create a ticket with mods and ask them by clicking on ? on the bottom right of the page. 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@shine94 welcome back, yes your 15 dollar discount will be in your account within 30 days as long as you used that email with the promo I guess the pastures were not any greener elsewhere?  😁 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

I believe you get it within 30 days

That's usual drill around here

Did you get any code?

Welcome back

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@shine94 you needed to sign up with the same email that the promotion was sent too. you should see the credit in your account by your next renewal date 

if you want peace of mind you can contact customer support here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.