cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost public mobile sim, can’t activate new one

KrishnaP1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi , 

i am a public Mobile customer and lost my sim. I bought a new sim but couldn’t activate new sim. It’s taking me to account setup. Please help me it’s urgent.

thanks,

kris

8 REPLIES 8

@srlawren wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

...the only procedure allowed with a suspended account is reactivation....

@Luddite interesting, that was something I didn't know.  (I've yet to have my account go suspended, so I've never experienced that state.)

@imm1304 thinks one may choose a new plan but noone has confirmed that it is possible, and there have been reports that reactivation is the only allowed option without moderator intervention.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Luddite wrote:

...the only procedure allowed with a suspended account is reactivation....

@Luddite interesting, that was something I didn't know.  (I've yet to have my account go suspended, so I've never experienced that state.)

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@KrishnaP1 wrote:

Hi KMG,

my plan was expired 10 days ago so can’t get plans and add on option,, every thing is blank on my account 

Correct, the only procedure allowed with a suspended account is reactivation. To do so, login to your account and click Reactivate Current Plan. Make the payment, logout then login again and follow the earlier directions to Change SIM.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

KrishnaP1

Hi KMG,

my plan was expired 10 days ago so can’t get plans and add on option,, every thing is blank on my account 

KrishnaP1

Thanks everyone for your valuable suggestions. My plan was expired ten days ago as I was on vacation so could not go for plans and add on. 

adamwithers
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Are you all set now?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@KrishnaP1 please see @KMG's instructions.  Since this is a replacement SIM card, those instructions are correct.  You don't need to activate it, which is what you would do for a brand new account as if you were a new customer; instead, you just need to replace the SIM card on file for your current account with the new SIM card number.  The process is quick and easy, once you know where to look (and you do now!).

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Log into selfserve, then go to Plan and Add-Ons, then Change SIM Card.  Enter your new SIM number there and it should switch over.

Need Help? Let's chat.