cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost or stolen?

raymondscoins
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey, thanks in advance to whoever's can help. My phone was purchased last year I wanna say in August? Anyway in February of this year it had randomly stopped reading the sim card saying it was "not provisioned" I didn't know what to do so I got another phone but it's starting to become obsolete. I would really like to switch back to my galaxy so as I did spend a lot of money on it. I did some further research and found that public mobile says this device is reported as lost or stolen. How did this happen? And why? And how can I fix this?

5 REPLIES 5

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Nooreya2 wrote:

Where did you purchase the phone ? If it was from a retail store and you have a proof of purchase, you can forward the receipt to public mobile. If you purchased the phone from someone and there is no receipt. There is nothing that can be done. 

@Nooreya2 forward the receipt to public? why?

Nooreya2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Where did you purchase the phone ? If it was from a retail store and you have a proof of purchase, you can forward the receipt to public mobile. If you purchased the phone from someone and there is no receipt. There is nothing that can be done. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@raymondscoins wrote:

Hey, thanks in advance to whoever's can help. My phone was purchased last year I wanna say in August? Anyway in February of this year it had randomly stopped reading the sim card saying it was "not provisioned" I didn't know what to do so I got another phone but it's starting to become obsolete. I would really like to switch back to my galaxy so as I did spend a lot of money on it. I did some further research and found that public mobile says this device is reported as lost or stolen. How did this happen? And why? And how can I fix this?

@raymondscoins  That phone has been blacklisted. If you buy a phone from a third party used then there is always a  possibility of that happening as it might be stolen or was on a contract by the previous owner and payments were stopped. If you bought the phone from an authorized retailer then that's a different story and you can always pursue the matter.

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Unfortunately if you did not purchase the phone new, you cannot be aware of the phone's history. There's not much that can be done with a phone that's already reported lost/stolen, except to use it with wifi. No carrier sim will work on it.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here is more info.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/lost-or-stolen-phone

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/find-your-imei-number

If you purchased the phone second hand then you maybe out of luck if the previous owner had reported it stolen.

Need Help? Let's chat.