cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost my phone. Have some questions.

epsteinsbody
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there. I just got a sim card with public mobile and my number changed over. I was out hiking and lost my cellphone.

My question is, will the messages that were sent to me while my phone's off come through once I get it back and running?

How would I now go about getting a SIM for the new android phone I bought and keep my plan?

Thanks for reading.

15 REPLIES 15

First off, @Josephklam it is best to start your own thread rather than posting on an old one. It get's peoples attention and causes less confusion.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/self_serve

However, I would say to report your phone lost (immediately) in "my account", buy a new sim (and phone) change the sim card number on your my account and then report your phone found.

Josephklam
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I lost my cell phone while travelling and my sim card along with it. How can I deactivate my old sim, get a new one while saving my old telephone number.

JackQuint
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@GinYVR wrote:

@rassohanicoleSounds like your number got ported out by someone (perhaps the person who got your phone?). I would start changing your passwords (not the Public Mobile one but ones that rely your phone number for verification) and report to Canada Anti Fraud Center.

I would go a step further and change any active 2FA to another method (and revoke any 2FA authorized devices you might have).

@rassohanicoleSounds like your number got ported out by someone (perhaps the person who got your phone?). I would start changing your passwords (not the Public Mobile one but ones that rely your phone number for verification) and report to Canada Anti Fraud Center.

@rassohanicole hi if you try to many times you will be shut out for an hour or so if you still cant get in contact a moderator and tell them your issue here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

rassohanicole
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hello, I lost my phone a couple of days ago and couldn't find it. I wanted to block my number so no one can use it but I can't sign in to my public mobile account. Every time I try it says that I put the wrong password. I've pressed on the forgot your password button but it says that I do not have an account. I know I do because I remember using it months ago. I also still have the emails of the conversation I had back then. 

thank you

epsteinsbody

Thankyou for the reply. Will let you know if they have it or not.

@epsteinsbody wrote:

Can I buy a new public mobile sim in a store (Courtenay, BC), or am I going to be screwed for two weeks waiting for it to arrive?

Cheers.

@epsteinsbody 

London Drugs down at Cliffe & 26th sells them. They'll open at 9am tomorrow. (If they are out of stock send me a Private Message.)

@epsteinsbody wrote:

Can I buy a new public mobile sim in a store (Courtenay, BC), or am I going to be screwed for two weeks waiting for it to arrive?

Cheers.

@epsteinsbody  You can purchase a PM sim from a number of retailers. Best to go on the publicmobile main website and use the store locator feature to find the closest location near you.

epsteinsbody

Cheers.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@epsteinsbody wrote:

A bit confused. Does it have to be a specific Public Mobile sim card?

Also, couldn't find any answers on whether or not the messages people sent after my phone was lost a couple weeks ago would be saved.

Cheers 🙂

Must be a new Public Mobile SIM.

Messages sent while the phone was on and had signal and had not been suspended will be on the phone. Otherwise messages usually only queue for a few days. So prior ones might be gone.

epsteinsbody

A bit confused. Does it have to be a specific Public Mobile sim card?

Also, couldn't find any answers on whether or not the messages people sent after my phone was lost a couple weeks ago would be saved.

Cheers 🙂

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@epsteinsbodyGet a SIM card, log into your selfserve and go here.. Remember to setup your APN to get your MMS and data working.

HOW TO CHANGE YOUR SIM CARD #HOW TO CHANGE YOUR SIM CARD #

Himanshu1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi 

This thread could be useful in your case 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/Transferring-my-account-to-new-sim/td-p/21...

It says that you can keep the plan on the new sim card via the Self-Serve site. Log in there, click "Plan and Add-Ons" at the top and then "Change Sim Card".

Anonymous
Not applicable

@epsteinsbody wrote:

Hi there. I just got a sim card with public mobile and my number changed over. I was out hiking and lost my cellphone.

My question is, will the messages that were sent to me while my phone's off come through once I get it back and running?

How would I now go about getting a SIM for the new android phone I bought and keep my plan?

Thanks for reading.

Simply get a new SIM and use the Change SIM feature in the self-serve.

Edit: use the Lost/Stolen feature first to disable the current SIM. Then re-enable when you're about to change it.

Need Help? Let's chat.