cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost device

roypierog
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I transfer my number to Public Mobile if I don’t have my old device to answer text sent?

13 REPLIES 13

@roypierog 

who was the previous provider you were with? if it's Telus or Koodo you don't need the device or sim card. the Telus and pm reps can help you with that

@computergeek541 

I guess the OP can’t log into their account if they are not with PM. LoL

Looks like he will have to get a new phone and new SIM from their previous carrier to confirm the porting and also get a new PM SIM. Might be easier to get a new number.

Or their old carrier might treat it like a landline or e-SIM porting where a SIM is not required as long as all verifications are met.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@roypierog wrote:

How do I transfer my number to Public Mobile if I don’t have my old device to answer text sent?

@roypierog 

Be prepared to purchase a new SIM from your current provider, then you will need to have the account/number swapped onto this new SIM card.

Then you will need to obtain a phone to accept the porting/transfer TEXT to Public Mobile.

OR,

they will accommodate you in other ways. 

Good Luck!

@BKNS27 wrote:

@roypierog 

Log into your Self Serve account and go to View My Usage then click on Lost/Stolen Phone. Also make note of your account number then contact a PM CS Agent by click on SIMon chat button and type in Create a Ticket and explain that you lost your phone and you want to keep your old number.

They will need your PIN number, Account number, phone number, address etc.

Enabling lost/stolen mode won't enable @roypierog to port a phone number to Public Mobile.  I'm not even sure if the OP is a Public Mobile customer yet.  But yes, manual authorization from the old carrier is needed to port to Public Mobile when the customer isn't able to answer the old carrier's text message.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@roypierog 

Log into your Self Serve account and go to View My Usage then click on Lost/Stolen Phone. Also make note of your account number then contact a PM CS Agent by click on SIMon chat button and type in Create a Ticket and explain that you lost your phone and you want to keep your old number.

They will need your PIN number, Account number, phone number, address etc.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnC13 

yeah i see now so sorry my mistake,

@Anonymous wrote:

@ShawnC13 

i know they OP need to port out but no device has, then only by CSA, they can help them,

so what i missed !! 

@Anonymous , You missed that the OP is trying to port IN not out.  So a PM CSA can't help them with a previous provider missing sim

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnC13 

i know they OP need to port out but no device has, then only by CSA, they can help them,

so what i missed !! 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@roypierog wrote:

@roypierog, you are going to have to contact your previous provider and confirm your identity to prove you have authority to make changes on the account.  Then you can ask them how you can port out without having the phone with you because it is lost.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Anonymous wrote:

@roypierog 

Lost or Stolen Phone (publicmobile.ca)

Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent ,

your SIM card manually updated by an agent by submitting a ticket link,

@Anonymous you missed the question and only responded to lost phone.  This user would like to port a number into PM but have lost their phone with their previous provided sim in it.  So they would be unable to answer the text that is sent to approve the porting out of the number.

Remember it doesn't matter if you are the first to respond if you are providing the wrong information.  Please take your time to read the question and make sure you understand what they are asking and then provide correct advice.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here’s when and how to contact our Customer Support Agents:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@roypierog wrote:

@roypierog 

You can try calling your old provider to give verbal consent after you've filed the porting request with PM.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@roypierog 

Lost or Stolen Phone (publicmobile.ca)

Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent ,

your SIM card manually updated by an agent by submitting a ticket link,

[incorrect info struck out  ........ Luddite]

Need Help? Let's chat.