cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Sim

WinMan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I lost track of my PM sim card after swapping it out for a Mexican sim.  If the card is lost/stolen, do I have to cancel my account to prevent a potential finder from using it?  How do I replace the sim and still retain my existing account?

6 REPLIES 6

titocro86
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

First go to public mobile store and buy a sim card online here

Then once you received your SIM (3-7 days) log in your account > plans > change SIM and input the number on your new sim card.

You will keep the same phone number and it will link to the new sim card.

WinMan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank You.  Speedy and acurate.

@Dankaroo, once a new SIM is attached to an account, the previous SIM is no longer valid.   It is garbage.

However, if the SIM is found before a new SIM is activated, it can still be used, if it hasn't been more than 90 days since last use.

Dankaroo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@popping wrote:

@WinMan wrote:

I lost track of my PM sim card after swapping it out for a Mexican sim.  If the card is lost/stolen, do I have to cancel my account to prevent a potential finder from using it?  How do I replace the sim and still retain my existing account?

Login to your account.

Select [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Lost/Stolen Phone] to report lost phone to people from using your SIM card.

After you come back, buy a new SIM card and put your plan on the new SIM card.

Select [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Change SIM card]

Then, report you found your phone

In the case the old sim is found again can it be reactivated/kept as a backup?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@WinMan wrote:

Login to your account.

Select [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Lost/Stolen Phone] to report lost phone to people from using your SIM card.

After you come back, buy a new SIM card and put your plan on the new SIM card.

Select [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Change SIM card]

Then, report you found your phone

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@WinMan wrote:

Login to your self serve and report your phone lost or stolen this will deactivate your sim and no one will be able to use it.  You will then need to purchase a new sim.  Once purchased log back into self serve and go and report your phone found then go to change sim card and put in the new sim card number and your phone number will now be associated with that new SIM

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.