cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Sim Card

CGSG2018
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi - I purchased a new plan, and before I was able to register and activate, I lost my SIM card.  I have a new SIM card now.  How do I sign up for the self serve account if I don't have the SIM card to receive the text?

6 REPLIES 6

@CGSG2018 As you have already created an account, login and click Change SIM under My Profile.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

CGSG2018

Thanks for the link. I just sent a pm. 

@CGSG2018

You probably need to private message moderator with your new SIM card number, etc.  If you can access your self service account, there is an option to replace old SIM card with a new one.  

send a private message through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please include in the private message your phone number, your account number and PIN code.

CGSG2018

Thanks for the rather cheeky reply....

I have already created an account, paid for the plan and have my credit card on file for the old SIM card.   I actually didn't lose the SIM, the dealer gave me an empty package.  So...when I went back, the dealer gave me a new SIM card and told me to contact Public to change it.  

How do I get in touch with Public to change it?  I'm trying to set up my self serve account, but it needs to send a text to the other (lost) phone number in order to activate it.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CGSG2018 wrote:

Hi - I purchased a new plan, and before I was able to register and activate, I lost my SIM card.  I have a new SIM card now.  How do I sign up for the self serve account if I don't have the SIM card to receive the text?

That's a confusing question.

You had a SIM. You didn't do anything with it. You got a new SIM. Now you're wondering what to do with it?

Um...start fresh?

Thus the confusion.

Edit: Hmm...I overlooked the first part of your post. How do you purchase a plan without a SIM and without making an account?

Nope. Edit again: Hmm...I overlooked the first part of your post. How do you purchase a plan without registering and activating and without making an account?

Need Help? Let's chat.