cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost SIM card before activating Self Serve?

Heliophobous
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi - I think the title is fairly self exolanatory. I switched over from Rogers to Public Mobile in store at a London Drugs, only to lose my SIM card before even activating my self serve account. I've since bought a new SIM but was told the only way I could switch my number over is through self serve..  that doesnt work as I'm unable to receive the 6 digit text message to activate my account. At a bit of a loss.

4 REPLIES 4

Heliophobous

Thank you again for your help!! I guess I'm far from being the only absent minded person who loses their SIM card before even using it. Have been making do with Facebook messenger, so I'm not super panicked. Have a nice day!

@Heliophobous wrote:

Hi there! Thanks for your response. I don't think this is the rep I dealt with, as I'm not a "he," and I didn't come back after 5 minutes 😞 So it sounds like my best option is to contact the mod team or go to the same London Drugs and wait until someone helps.. Last time I went, the employee was fairly adamant that I had to go online to switch the SIM. It was two weeks ago that I initially switched, but with work and school I havent had much time to go in and sort things out. 

I am sorry. The way you described your issue, it matches with what that rep reported. 

Only mod can get this fixed as there is no way you can create the account with the sim. Expect to wait about 2-3 days as they are behind with a alot of inquiries. In the mean time, you can use apps like Fongo to make calls over wiifi. 

Heliophobous

Hi there! Thanks for your response. I don't think this is the rep I dealt with, as I'm not a "he," and I didn't come back after 5 minutes 😞 So it sounds like my best option is to contact the mod team or go to the same London Drugs and wait until someone helps.. Last time I went, the employee was fairly adamant that I had to go online to switch the SIM. It was two weeks ago that I initially switched, but with work and school I havent had much time to go in and sort things out. 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Heliophobous The rep you dealt with posted yesterday and we told him the only way to fix this is to contact the Moderator_Team.

You can view that thread here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/Lost-sim-before-setting-up-self-serve/td-p...

Need Help? Let's chat.