cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost SIM card and send private messages to Moderator but no response.

anandadroja
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I have lost my public mobile SIM card before registering self serve online; i got replacement SIM but can't register it.

Refering to old topics i sent private messages to moderators to help me out with activation of new SIM with my current number 3 days back but no response.

I am helpless without my primary contact number and suffering alot.

Help me out.

Very bad service... @CS_Agent

Regards,

Anand

8 REPLIES 8

anandadroja

Finally got response from moderator after 12 back to back messages and registered new sim to my account.

Thanks @Jessica_T@ShawnC13 for help.

Jessica_T
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@anandadroja wrote:

Thank you very much @Jessica_T and @ShawnC13 for your help...

However, Public mobile official website states that someone from @CS_Agent will respond Max. within 48 hours.

Anyways... can't do anything else.

Thanks Again.

@anandadrojaNot sure why public mobile says that. That has been proven wrong over and over and seems to be that the rare case is responding under 48 hours. They should change the misprint or pull the trigger on a ticket system or a way to notify us of delays. I have seen this discussed many times.

I'd like to think public mobile has goals of never letting it exceed 48 hours but see the same complaint in posts going back to the beginning of time. This is an ongoing issue.

@anandadroja wrote:

However, Public mobile official website states that someone from @CS_Agent will respond Max. within 48 hours.

Thanks Again.

@anandadroja, yeah response time has been exceeding the 48 hours.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

anandadroja

Thanks Again.

Jessica_T

@anandadroja wrote:

I have activated SIM and was using it.. and lost while changing to other phone. but i didnt get a chance to create self serve account.

so got replacement sim from retailer and he asked me to register online.. now while creating self serve account they are sending activation code to old sim which i dont have.

@anandadrojaHave to play the waiting game now. No way around that.

anandadroja

I have activated SIM and was using it.. and lost while changing to other phone. but i didnt get a chance to create self serve account.

so got replacement sim from retailer and he asked me to register online.. now while creating self serve account they are sending activation code to old sim which i dont have.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@anandadroja wrote:

Hello,

I have lost my public mobile SIM card before registering self serve online; i got replacement SIM but can't register it.

Refering to old topics i sent private messages to moderators to help me out with activation of new SIM with my current number 3 days back but no response.

Help me out.

Regards,

Anand

@anandadroja, unfortunately you will have to wait for the moderators to respond to your request.  They are the only ones that can fix this for you.

@Jessica_T, the OP didn't get a chance to create their self serve before they lost the sim card as stated in their post so there is no error they would be getting.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Jessica_T

@anandadroja wrote:

Hello,

Help me out.

Regards,

Anand

@anandadrojaWhat error do you get when you enter the new sim card? Or is the trouble you just signed up at a retailer and before you managed to create an online self serve profile you lost your phone? So the SMS to confirm you are the account holder is going to the lost sim?

The waiting game is the only game to play at public mobile after contacting the moderator team. Live phone support is not an option at public. They are renowned for their lack of phone support which drops the price for the customers greatly. You are here at the “Phone company, without a phone number”. 

It would be nice for them to respond faster but it's not very bad service. It's different service that comes at a you get what you pay for rate. A rate that most of us love an opportunity to have. You did lose your sim card so you should focus on self responsbility instead of calling it bad service.

Need Help? Let's chat.