cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Network

samc888
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I just suddenly lost network/connection/signal. Everything was working fine when i purchased the SIM card a couple weeks ago. And now all of a sudden i have no signal. It doesnt even say the network name on the top left corner of my iPhoneX where it use to say Public Mobile. Anyone know how to fix this or can point me in the right direction? Please and Thanks! 

12 REPLIES 12

Bon23
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You can try to restart your phone. Sometimes it works.

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Check if your phone is lost or stolen.

Enter your 15 digit IMEI number. You can find it by dialling *#06# on your phone.

Also you can check here to see if it was blacklisted

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Only the person who reported a phone stolen can have it removed from the blacklist. If you purchased your phone through a classified listing (like kijiji or craigslist) then your only option is to contact the seller and ask for a refund or to remove the phone from the blacklist (if they were the ones who put it on).

@samc888  If your sim works in another phone then you phone is blacklisted. No much you can do that is why it's important to buy a used phone from trusted sources only.

@samc888 wrote:

@geopublic 

How would I know if I was blacklisted? And if my phone was indeed blacklisted, is there a way to have it working again?

Google iPhone blacklist checker. Try different free sites to check if it's blacklisted.

If it is. You have an expensive iPod

samc888

@geopublic 

How would I know if I was blacklisted? And if my phone was indeed blacklisted, is there a way to have it working again?

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@samc888 wrote:

So I just suddenly lost network/connection/signal. Everything was working fine when i purchased the SIM card a couple weeks ago. And now all of a sudden i have no signal. It doesnt even say the network name on the top left corner of my iPhoneX where it use to say Public Mobile. Anyone know how to fix this or can point me in the right direction? Please and Thanks! 

If you loose Network all of a Sudden, it usually means you bought your phone from a 3rd Party. Eg. Craigslist, Kijiji eBay etc. The Person you bought it from Reported it lost or stolen. I am almost certain this is what happened. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@samc888 wrote:

@samc888  Maybe your phone got blacklisted?

Any chance that where it was working fine earlier, but not working now, are in two different places? What I'm getting at is, are you in an area, like I am, where reception is spotty? In my case, I can lose the signal when I go down the hallway from where I'm at right now..... sometimes the signal re-connects, by itself, when I move to a spot with better reception, and other times I have to go into the network settings, and click on the PM network to get it connected again.

samc888

I did... many times actually. But still not working.

samc888

Unfortunately i have no other phone I can put the sim card in. The weird thing it was just working fine earlier and BAM! Suddenly no signal

Try rebooting phone?

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Can you try another phone to see if it's sim/service or the phone itself

Need Help? Let's chat.