Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lose call whenever I am in Basement office

rtychynski
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

24 REPLIES 24

@CountyDownIeUk 

That's simple.....you climb the stairs out of the basement and call out on your pm number. Or if you don't want to use outgoing minutes you call yourself from your fongo number and use the call transfer feature. Unless you want to hang out in the basement while placing your call then you are stuck with your fongo number showing for caller ID.

@darlicious wrote:

@jadencollins 

As suggested above set your call forwarding for no answer/unreachable to your fongo number. Then if you have no signal while in your basement the call will ring thru to your fongo number and you won't miss any important calls.

But how would the ever so silent OP respond or make an outbound call with his caller ID. I do know that, what little I have left with voip.ms that I can call out with any caller ID I want. (But I only use our land line or one of our mobile phone numbers). 

@jadencollins 

Telus is decommissioning 3g. and repurposing those antennas for better LTE coverage.

@jadencollins 

As suggested above set your call forwarding for no answer/unreachable to your fongo number. Then if you have no signal while in your basement the call will ring thru to your fongo number and you won't miss any important calls.

@jadencollins wrote:

Same here. 

When I am in my basement I have little to no service and I often miss calls from Not having service, upstairs in my house I have good service . It wasn't always like that though not sure why all of a sudden its glichy service downstairs 🤔 

What city are you located ?

jadencollins
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Same here. 

When I am in my basement I have little to no service and I often miss calls from Not having service, upstairs in my house I have good service . It wasn't always like that though not sure why all of a sudden its glichy service downstairs 🤔 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@rtychynski 

In the short term you could download the fongo app and select some of your call forwarding options to forward your pm number to your fongo number. Then when a call comes in you can decline the call (for example) and it will forward to your fongo number. You can then answer without fear of it disconnecting. This would at least solve the issue for incoming calls. You could still use fongo for outgoing calls however your caller ID would display your fongo number.

@softech wrote:

Good suggestion by @CountyDownIeUk 

@rtychynski , you can also look into getting Panasonic Link2Cell Cordless headset .. would work in your situation.

Ha ha.....your suggestion out does mine!!!!! I was going to go that way but the $20 ZTE box was a lower cost. Yours  is the best solution and caller ID with name would be supplied if you upload your contacts list to the Panasonic set. 

Cost is for the replacement set. 

Hassle would be intermixing of answering personal calls or business calls by the right person. Line busy if land line is in use? That is if the Panasonic set was connected to the home land line number as well.  

@rtychynski wrote:

How do I try switching over to 3 gig

@rtychynski 

If you have an android (not samsung), you can dial *#*#4636#*#* on your phone
select Phone Information then Set preferred network type to WCDMA.

Good suggestion by @CountyDownIeUk 

@rtychynski , you can also look into getting Panasonic Link2Cell Cordless headset .. would work in your situation.

@rtychynski wrote:

Depending on device, it's either:

(For Android) Connections, Mobile networks, Network mode 

(For iPhone)  Cellular, Cellular Data Options (or Mobile Data Options), Voice & Data

Again though, this above selection may only assist in reliability of mobile data, not calling.

If OP works in basement a lot of time there would be an option, but may be cumbersome. 

If say, a cordless land line set works in the basement and the main set is upstairs then buy an unlocked (or Telus or Koodo) ZTE WF721 and place it upstairs and install your PM SIM in it and connect to the main set of the cordless land line set. Now you can handle inbound and outbound calls at no extra cost, other than the equipment.

The hassle is changing the SIM back and forth. 

Extra one time cost is buying the ZTE box and cordless hand set with 2 units. 

Or use call forwarding to a Voip number over your home wifi. Then can answer downstairs using the Zoiper app over wifi on your mobile phone. The Zoiper app can call out as well and can be set up to have the same caller ID as your PM number. 

Hassle here is setting up your PM number to call forward and removing it. 

The extra cost is the voip cost of DID number and inbound/outbound fees. 

Edit: Or get the Koodo wireless land line deal for $5 a month.....verify if is a contract and if price goes up after 12 months. Set the ZTE box upstairs and call forward your PM number to it and answer in basement using a 2 set cordless land line set. 

Cost is buy new ZTE box and the monthly cost.

Hassle is turning on/off call forwarding and no provision to call out.

Any costs would be partially (miniscule) recouped if reported on your income tax.   

@will13am wrote:

@HALIMACS wrote:

This can happen @rtychynski , especially if you're basement is surrounded by concrete walls, under ground level.

You can try switching to 3G network-only coverage.   It can sometimes increase the signal's ability.

All calls are conducted in 3G.  Switching to 3G in advance of making the call won't do a thing to address this problem.  

@Anonymous 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rtychynski wrote:

@rtychynski 

can you try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone 

This is quick and simple,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

@rtychynski wrote:

Switching to 3G won't help you with this issue as suggested by @will13am  already.

rtychynski
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Anonymous wrote:

@rtychynski 

is normal, no one can fix it,

In reading here....it is fixable with some additional equipment. 

If there's no LTE signal, the switchover to to the 3g signal is automatic, whether or not the person is in a phone call.  Switching to 3g would only help if for some reason, the phone wasn't switching over properly.

@will13am wrote:

@HALIMACS wrote:

This can happen @rtychynski , especially if you're basement is surrounded by concrete walls, under ground level.

You can try switching to 3G network-only coverage.   It can sometimes increase the signal's ability.

All calls are conducted in 3G.  Switching to 3G in advance of making the call won't do a thing to address this problem.  

Yes.   Correct.   Forcing to 3g may improve data results.   Thank you.

@HALIMACS wrote:

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@rtychynski...if you have a robust wifi signal while in basement...get a free voip app like TextNow. You get a free Cdn phone number and free calls / texts most anywhere in Canada and USA....for free.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rtychynski 

is normal, no one can fix it,

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@rtychynski...you could purchase a cell signal range extender on Amazon. Not cheap, but it's an option.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

You can try switching to 3G network-only coverage.   It can sometimes increase the signal's ability.  (EDIT:   this really only may apply to mobile data, not calling)

Need Help? Let's chat.