cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to switch to PM, is there free sim promotion, looking for the cheapest text and call plan

vpakwong
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Looking to switch to PM, is there free sim promotion, looking for the cheapest text and call plan?

I'm looking at the $15 - 100mins outgoing call plan. Should come out to $13/month.

Anyone know if I can get sim card for free in-store?

Referral bonuses would help too. Thank you.

30 REPLIES 30

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@vpakwong wrote:

Looking to switch to PM, is there free sim promotion, looking for the cheapest text and call plan?

I'm looking at the $15 - 100mins outgoing call plan. Should come out to $13/month.

@vpakwong  As per our discussion please note: (We)

offer what you need at a price that's right! If you find the identical product advertised at a lower price in print or on a Canadian retailer’s online site, we will match that price. If you find a lower advertised price after you buy, we will match that price for up to 30 days. Some conditions apply*

Excludes prescriptions, photoLab, gift cards, tobacco and insurance products

*The following terms and conditions apply to our price match guarantee and the advertised product/price:

• product must be identical to that sold by London Drugs (e.g. model, brand, color, size, certification standards) and must be in-stock and available for immediate sale and delivery
  • product must be located in Canada and sold and shipped by a retailer or authorized dealer located in Canada
  • price must be in Canadian dollars and will be adjusted to account for any fees, taxes or other charges such as environmental handling fees and shipping
  • price must not be lower due to advertising error or misprint
  • price match guarantee limited to one per customer, per item, per day
  • does not apply to advertising that states “limited quantities”, “clearance”, close-outs”, “bankruptcies” or similar concepts
  • special offers(such as bundled offers, rebates, mail in offers, coupons) may be excluded at discretion of London Drugs. All the same conditions, limitations or qualification of original offer will apply

London Drugs reserves the right to confirm that all conditions have been met and not price match if any conditions cannot be verified. London Drugs’ decision on whether to price match is final in all cases.

London Drugs may exclude additional categories of products or specific online sites from its price match guarantee at any time without prior notice in its sole discretion.

London Drugs reserves the right to update or modify its price match guarantee at any time.

Just go back to London drugs and ask to speak to the manager and ask that they price match your SIM card and make an additional complaint that you went out of your way to come to London drugs as you thought their customer service was superior to Wal-Mart ( who also have a price match guarantee) and you were very disappointed that they did not honour their policy after being recommended  by another loyal customer. Dont take no for an answer...a manager will always make it right. The employees dont always feel they have the power to make such decisions and need to be reminded of store policies.  I will follow up with a call right now to customer service. Have the website handy on your phone. They have free wifi their so you dont use your data. Now the Guildford mall location claimed they would only do major retailers despite their wording.  The mobile shop in Surrey will price match a free SIM card. If you have already purchased and activated that won't work. The guarantee does say 30 days so if you come into Vancouver in The next month go to the Broadway and cambie location they will do it for sure probably because it's their direct competition only a 5 minute walk away. Keep your receipt. If I find a "major " retailer I'll send you a message.

@darlicious wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@darliciousI did reread your post and it doesn't mention that you found a vendor site the way it was described sounded to me like you were guiding them through your website but also let them know that London Drugs would price match.  I only asked if you worked for a vendor and were offering referrals in the community, as that is how I read it.   

Now I have no issue continuing the discussion just message me privately

My website? @ShawnC13  do you assume community members have their own websites? Maybe thats your problem....making assumptions. You know that old adage. " When you assume you make an a-- out of u and me." Thanks but no thanks i do not wish to continue this discussion privately or publicly because your tone will remain the same.

Yes, like I said I read it that you worked for the company so you were guiding them through your (the shop you work for) website.

There is a difference between assumptions and interpretations of how things are written.  I did not assume anything

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@darliciousI did reread your post and it doesn't mention that you found a vendor site the way it was described sounded to me like you were guiding them through your website but also let them know that London Drugs would price match.  I only asked if you worked for a vendor and were offering referrals in the community, as that is how I read it.   

My website? @ShawnC13  do you assume community members have their own websites? Maybe thats your problem....making assumptions. You know that old adage. " When you assume you make an a-- out of u and me." Thanks but no thanks i do not wish to continue this discussion privately or publicly because your tone will remain the same.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13  Maybe you should go back and reread my post as i was directing the OP thru the website to find the wording they needed to get a price match as it is a little hard to find. Was that not clear? And i may think of you....the way you choose to use the English language as pointed out before comes across as accusatory. Your words could be more helpful in nature...as in....

@darlicious Be careful when giving advice that you are not breaking the terms of service and making it appear that you personally are working for a vendor and/or offering referrals on the community as it could be misconstrued as such I would not want this to affect the help you do offer. 

@darlicious I asked a question in your post it says come on down to the location and use or referral to get $10 off your second 30 days.  Now if you had said this is off a website of a vendor that is close to you i wouldn't have asked the question.  So no need to come down on me for asking about YOUR STATEMENT.  I haven't heard a bell and if you feel that "I am out of my corner" not sure how I can help you there, if you feel you are targeted you are not so I don't know why you think that.  

@Luddite wrote:

@totalUser What are textnow's texting limitations to non-textnow phone numbers? 

NEVERMIND: opened an account to test. SMS and picture messages both are free to send/receive. Definitely a leg up on Fongo; too bad they're US based. Robot wink

Hi @Luddite 

They are Canadian company, can you believe it? They can't operate in Canada due to regulations , so they offer their service where they're allowed. 

The only thing missing is free call forwarding, this is where fongo wins definitely

If i had to spend time in usa i would definitely be getting their sim. Unlimited roaming everywhere for 10, unlimited data everywhere for 40 and everything in between to help you save. Great option to roaming

laceydawn81
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@vpakwong   sometimes walmart has the free sim card. i got a free one free when i signed up a month ago... 

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@vpakwong wrote:

@vpakwong  As per our conversation when you go to the website.  Three lines in corner. GO to blog then to the pm ad. Read down about halfwayvand you will see this:

do you sign up for your new cheap phone plan? It’s easy! Just come on down to GoMobile Repair at 245 W Broadway in Vancouver. You can make payment in cash, debit or credit and we’ll even throw in a free SIM card with the purchase of a phone plan (a $10 value). And don’t forget: if you renew your plan for a second month, our referral gives you $10 off on your second bill. How sweet is that?  London drugs won't offer a referral if you don't have one but they will match the offer and it's been ongoing since June 2019. Good luck and welcome to public mobile.

So @darlicious  you work for a vendor and offering referrals on the community forum?

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! What is your problem @ShawnC13  NO and NO!! I have simply offered the OP a vendor that London drugs will price match for a free SIM card. I copy and pasted the wording from Go Mobile Repairs website. They offer their customers a referral code. I asked the OP privately where they lived in case I could offer local suggestions that would conform to the London drugs geographical restrictions in their price match policy. The OP said London drugs was closer so I simply wanted to point out that London drugs does not offer referral codes where as the other shop does. They are located near to where I live but I've never been there and don't know anyone who works there. FYI my account is already free so really dont need anymore referrals and those that i do have are all friends of mine. Your continous insinuation that i am breaking the terms and conditions of the community from one innocent mistake a week or so into my membership when other members directly broke the same "rule" and had been much longer term members but you chose not to call them out is very biased of you. I expect more from an oracle and i dont understand why you have a continued vendetta to smear my reputation on the community. I come on here to help people but every time you choose to single me out for an imaginary wrong doing makes that more and more difficult to do. Maybe you should spend more time helping users and less time being the community's self appointed referral cop i wouldnt have to waste my hard earned $0.04 an hour responding to you and your unfounded accusations. I've been sticking to my corner why can't you stick to yours...or did the bell ring and I didn't hear it?!!

@darlicious wrote:

@vpakwong wrote:

@vpakwong  As per our conversation when you go to the website.  Three lines in corner. GO to blog then to the pm ad. Read down about halfwayvand you will see this:

do you sign up for your new cheap phone plan? It’s easy! Just come on down to GoMobile Repair at 245 W Broadway in Vancouver. You can make payment in cash, debit or credit and we’ll even throw in a free SIM card with the purchase of a phone plan (a $10 value). And don’t forget: if you renew your plan for a second month, our referral gives you $10 off on your second bill. How sweet is that?  London drugs won't offer a referral if you don't have one but they will match the offer and it's been ongoing since June 2019. Good luck and welcome to public mobile.

So @darlicious  you work for a vendor and offering referrals on the community forum?

@darlicious wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@vpakwong @GR @missorange 

• +2 GB using code BONUSDATA
  • 4.5 GB Data at 3G speed⁴
  • Bonus 500 MB with AutoPay
  • Unlimited Talk Canada-wide
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  • $40 look what just popped up...oct 18th to Oct 25th 
  • Doesn't work for @vpakwong but anyone else looking for bonus roll over data. I'll keep looking for anything lower priced.

This is so far from what the OP asked for and it doesn't include bonus roll over data

Geez...i made a note about that to @vpakwong  just got a little excited about a deal. Next time I'll make a whole new post so as not to get admonished. Edit made to correct post. Thx for the watchful eye! You know how to keep me in line. @ShawnC13 

Why would you need to make a whole new post for something that already has its own announcement for right here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/SALE-Get-a-bonus-2GB-of-data-when-you-a...

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@vpakwong wrote:

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@vpakwong  As others have mentioned Walmart is your best bet to get a free sim. Don't forget to use a referral code to get another $10 credit just provide to the Walmart rep when signing up.

The $15 plan is hard to beat. Also download Hangouts dialer with the 250MB data you can get another ~500 minutes of talk time to anywhere in North America for free.

Good Luck and welcome to PM!! 

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

• Doesn't work for @vpakwong but anyone else looking for bonus roll over data. I'll keep looking for anything lower priced.

This is so far from what the OP asked for and it doesn't include bonus roll over data

Geez...i made a note about that to @vpakwong  just got a little excited about a deal. Next time I'll make a whole new post so as not to get admonished. Edit made to correct post. Thx for the watchful eye! You know how to keep me in line. @ShawnC13 

@will13am wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

Are you trying to upsell OP who is looking for just a basic plan?  You must be on commission.  Smiley Tongue

@will13am  No not at all which is why I mentioned it in the post I just ran across it thought I'd post for others reading the thread. I made serious attempt at finding the OP more savings but that's pretty much impossible on that plan.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@vpakwong wrote:

@vpakwong  As said it's hard to get anything extra off the cheapest plan. Wal-Mart, London drugs  and the mobility shop almost always offer a free SIM with in store activation or will price match. Just be watchful that they enter your referral code correctly and double check all info before submitting.

@totalUser What are textnow's texting limitations to non-textnow phone numbers? 

NEVERMIND: opened an account to test. SMS and picture messages both are free to send/receive. Definitely a leg up on Fongo; too bad they're US based. Robot wink

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@will13am wrote:

Is there an echo in the room?

I can't help it if 3 messages get posted in one minute 😉

Also call the closest Walmart I have seen people getting free sim cards without any online advertisements, they may have it

@computergeek541 wrote:

@vpakwong wrote:

There are no official promotions for a free sim card. The advertised price is $10 for a sim card, although some stores might provide it for free if you activate there.  Some third parties may also be wlling to provide a similar arrangement.

The referral bonus for you is a one-time $10 credit if an existing customer refers you.

Is there an echo in the room?

@vpakwong wrote:

There are no official promotions for a free sim card. The advertised price is $10 for a sim card, although some stores might provide it for free if you activate there.  Some third parties may also be wlling to provide a similar arrangement.

The referral bonus for you is a one-time $10 credit if an existing customer refers you.

@darlicious wrote:

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@vpakwong, apart from promos sponsored by Public Mobile, the retail partners generally do not give free SIM cards with activation.  You could try to negotiate with a store.  Honestly it is a small amount of money anyway.  As already noted, if you get a referral from an existing customer, you will get a $10 account credit which offsets the cost of a SIM card.  So effectively you have a free SIM card without too much effort. 

@darlicious wrote:

Are you trying to upsell OP who is looking for just a basic plan?  You must be on commission.  Smiley Tongue

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

$13 is a great plan

With the autopay you also get 250 megs of data.

I use textNow with the background data restricted. They give me free Canadian phone number and unlimited calls and texts to both Canada and USA. It uses about 30 megs per month.

This way you can turn the 13 plan into unlimited. 

If  youd download the maps on your phone you get enough to also use GPS around. And still enough data for some emergency use. It's a great plan for those who can budget.

Welcome to public and I hope you really enjoy the savings:)

Available on $35+ plans use promo code BONUSDATA

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

• Edit: Apparently just regular data...apologies didn't make it clear.

@vpakwong  also you should buy the 5$ 500 minute add on so if u run out of outgoing minutes then you'll go in the 500 minutes extra and they will roll over every month until used up!   Check Walmart or London drugs  sometimes they have free Sim card promos!  If you need a refferal code check your inbox! 

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

you can go to walmart to active PM account with free sim. after you register auto pay, yes, you will only need to pay $13 on the next bill. If you are using someone's refer code, you will have $10 credit on your account, will offset your next bill cycle.

Need Help? Let's chat.