cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for retailers in Nelson BC that carry payment vouchers.

nipunika
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Anybody know where in Nelson or Castlegar, British Columbia can one buy vouchers for Public Mobile. Not a sim card. I need a voucher for payments. I have checked out pharma save and they don't carry it. I am goin to check out Walmart tomorrow but since public mobile doesn't accept Tangerine Visa Debit, I am stuck looking for vouchers and since I live in a small town in BC, I am really struggling to find sources. 

(yes I have reached out to the moderator team and they are unable to help with the card situartion)

20 REPLIES 20

nipunika
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey, 

Thank you so much. I went to the 7-11 in Castlegar and they had the voucher and it worked. It is active. Thank you very much for your help. I really appreciate it. 🙂 

@hairbag1 

I was thinking about the wings too!

@darlicious wrote:

@Nezgar 

Has anyone checked if husky vouchers have a delay before  redeemability?

@nipunika 

7/11 has slurpees.....and chicken wings !!

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@nipunika...

the 7-11 in Nelson & C'gar both have the payment vouchers that are activated right away..

There's a Shell station in Taghum that might have them...I know the Shell in C'gar have the vouchers too.

Before giving any $$...make sure the voucher is activated immediately...some aren't until several hours after the sale.

@Nezgar 

Wasnt that only the online version/website vs a retailer with a terminal?

I recall one shouldn't use realtime payments if you ported your number in from another carrier.

@nipunika 

Husky is at least 4 hours so is crappy tire but their gas bars have Real Time Payments for a $1 fee. Shell is definetly within 1 min as is 7/11. SDM is within 10 minutes but there had been one report of it taking longer.

@darlicious checked my prevous post about my husky voucher - it was not immediately redeemable - purchased at 8:13PM, still invalid at midnight, worked next morning. This was in Sep 2020.

@nipunika Canadian Tire also sells PM vouchers. (I see there's one in Castlegar)

@Nezgar 

Has anyone checked if husky vouchers have a delay before  redeemability?

@nipunika 

7/11 has slurpees.....

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@nipunika Looks like Nelson has a Shell, Husky and 7-Eleven that should carry Public Mobile vouchers.

Husky has husky rewards, Shell has airmiles ($20 per AM up to $100)

@nipunika 

I would call these retailers first but they all normally sell public mobile vouchers but it could be different in a smaller town.  Shell service stations, Shoppers Drug Mart and 7/11. All have vouchers that are immediately valid to load onto your account via 611 or your self serve account. You can also view examples of all of these vouchers in the voucher catalogue.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Voucher-Catalogue/m-p/479165#...

@RossN wrote:

@nipunika wrote:

Anybody know where in Nelson or Castlegar, British Columbia can one buy vouchers for Public Mobile. Not a sim card. I need a voucher for payments. I have checked out pharma save and they don't carry it. I am goin to check out Walmart tomorrow but since public mobile doesn't accept Tangerine Visa Debit, I am stuck looking for vouchers and since I live in a small town in BC, I am really struggling to find sources. 

(yes I have reached out to the moderator team and they are unable to help with the card situartion)

@nipunika try canadiancellsupplies they are online and are an authorized dealer for Public they usually sell vouchers at a 10 or 15% savings they send you the numbers within a day or two I have used them many times 😁

But usually have none as the limited amount they have sell out very quickly. 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@nipunika Alternatively, you can buy PM voucher online at recharge.com (additional fees will apply).

@nipunika 

If you don't mind paying a service charge, online vendor like recharge.com or ding.com.  Convenient, but paying a service charge.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@nipunika wrote:

@nipunika try https://canadiancellsupplies.com they are online and are an authorized dealer for Public they usually sell vouchers at a 10 or 15% savings they send you the numbers within a day or two I have used them many times 😁

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Canadian Tire Castlegar. . 

Instant top-ups are currently available at most Canadian Tire Gas, Esso, Gateway Newstands, and MacEwen locations. Contact your local store for details.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah just Walmart. And they probably do. But maybe some of the stores in my link are in Nelson too.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @nipunika ,

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/store-locator

Anything close here?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Need Help? Let's chat.