cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for assistance or will have to renew my telus

eppler70
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I switched over last night but my phone number does not show as being switched and nothing when I put the sim card in. My credit card has been charged and my profile is there but when I try to check the phone number or add it since it didn't last night I get this message..

Oh no!
It looks like something went wrong, but don’t panic.

Log out and then log back in again to continue. Or return to the login page

14 REPLIES 14

eppler70

Thanks, Day 7 and it’s all fixed now. Thanks

eppler70

So I ported the number Friday and heard back from a moderator about 5 days later that Port was stuck and I had to call Telus. My Telus account closed a few days after port so I went and bought another sim and minutes to call them on an old phone with a generic new number. 

Telus ported the number and the next morning I showed as being active on PM and finally received text message from them.

Fast forward to later in day I now have -no service-

clearing cache, cycling phone off don’t help.Taking sim in and out says...this device is not activated. So it’s been a week and I still have nothing. Some quicker feedback from moderators would be appreciated please. 

eppler70

day 4. I am a little disappointed. I have no problem with self serve and using the website but it appears things do not work and the moderators must be too few or too busy as there is not way someone should be waiting this long for a reply and how much longer it will be. 

SO Payment went through days ago and I have has some members try and help but nothing from mods on this site.

eppler70

ThAnks, both are Telus so number should be good I would think but maybe there’s issues I don’t know about. Guess will find out and will give it till tomorrow night.

cheers

eppler70

I am on my phone and have no idea where the other thread is. 

hzmy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
When I activated the sim I provided my Telus acct/pin and phone number. We did my sons the day before. If it is going to take 4 days for a moderator and I risk losing my number I will just call my provider tomorrow and resign up. Not having a phone or losing my number is not a risk I’d like to take. I did it 2 days early to avoid issues. Thanks for the help and letting me know it will take 4 days. Now I will have to figure out how to get a refund since I have no service and have to continue with my old provider. Cheers!

One thing you can rest assure is you will not lose your number.

I had the similar concern as yours, but no, you will not lose your number.

So, for now, send @CS_Agent  ASAP your concern. Either you want to keep the service, or you want to get a refund, it's up to you.

For the days of the MOD reply, in my case, it took around 3 days, but I assume the backlog should have been cleaned up, and hopefully, they can reply you either tmr, or Monday. There are people reported 4 days, but should take less than that.

I would suggest wait till Monday 8pm, and see if MOD replies.

If no, you still got an hour before the mall closes and port your number to your original provider. But before porting it back, ask the new provider to make sure, your number can be ported over.

eppler70

@hzmy wrote:

@eppler70 wrote:

I switched over last night but my phone number does not show as being switched and nothing when I put the sim card in. My credit card has been charged and my profile is there but when I try to check the phone number or add it since it didn't last night I get this message..

Oh no!

Let me tell you this.

I am from the EXACT same scenario as you are. I ported from Telus, and I got no service on PM card.

Here is what has or may happen later.

• You will first, get an email from Telus, saying "sorry to see you go".
  • Then, you will have no service on both PM and Telus card.
  • Then you need to PM @CS_Agent
  • After that, you will need to wait for 3-4 days till the moderator team reply you

What I did during this time, is get a temporary account from Chatr, and make thru my days of misery. I am sorry, but yes, this is the cruel fact. You have my sympathies, but yes, this is exactly what has happened to me.

Another word of advise.

When you PM them, provide your

• Full Name
  • PIN
  • Phone Number

If you do not have the PIN or unsure about the PIN, provide with 3 of the following matching up your account:

• Date of Birth 
  • Full address with Postal Code 
  • Last top-up amount and the date 
  • Email address  
  • Last 4 digits of Credit Card on file

With this, you can save yourself 1 turnaround time for just asking and confirming these things.

When I activated the sim I provided my Telus acct/pin and phone number. We did my sons the day before. If it is going to take 4 days for a moderator and I risk losing my number I will just call my provider tomorrow and resign up. Not having a phone or losing my number is not a risk I’d like to take. I did it 2 days early to avoid issues. Thanks for the help and letting me know it will take 4 days. Now I will have to figure out how to get a refund since I have no service and have to continue with my old provider. Cheers!

@ute1978 wrote:

Please do not open new threads, as it confuses members. You should keep the conversation in your other thread. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Looking-for-assistance-or-will-have-t...

That was my fault. Didn't pick up 2nd thread.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

hzmy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@eppler70 wrote:

Oh no!

Let me tell you this.

I am from the EXACT same scenario as you are. I ported from Telus, and I got no service on PM card.

Here is what has or may happen later.

• You will first, get an email from Telus, saying "sorry to see you go".
  • Then, you will have no service on both PM and Telus card.
  • Then you need to PM @CS_Agent
  • After that, you will need to wait for 3-4 days till the moderator team reply you

What I did during this time, is get a temporary account from Chatr, and make thru my days of misery. I am sorry, but yes, this is the cruel fact. You have my sympathies, but yes, this is exactly what has happened to me.

Another word of advise.

When you PM them, provide your

• Full Name
  • PIN
  • Phone Number

If you do not have the PIN or unsure about the PIN, provide with 3 of the following matching up your account:

• Date of Birth 
  • Full address with Postal Code 
  • Last top-up amount and the date 
  • Email address  
  • Last 4 digits of Credit Card on file

With this, you can save yourself 1 turnaround time for just asking and confirming these things.

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Please do not open new threads, as it confuses members. You should keep the conversation in your other thread. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Looking-for-assistance-or-will-have-t...

eppler70

My credit card was charged last night but I have no service with the sim in.

I will check again when I get home but if I can't get it working tonight I will have to renew with another carrier as I can't not have my phone due to my job. I have a profile but it seems to be a problem with the number ...I do not want to get a new one as I have had this number since cell phones came out and only decided to go PM as I could port the number.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@eppler70 wrote:

Oh no!

Check your credit card online. 

Is there any pending charge from PM?

Is yes, you may have activated your PM plan.

If not, your SIM card may not be activated.

PM usually send you an email about your activation.  If you have not receive an email from PM, you had not activate your plan yet.  Then, re-do the activation process.  If you need to to back to previous page during activation, you should close your browser and start over again because it is a sure way to get an error during activation.

Can you login to your self-serve account?

If yes, is your account status = active?

If yes, select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab.  Is your Telus phone showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] page?

eppler70

Restarted last night. Ported last night from Telus. PM sim does not show service. Telus one does till it runs out tomorrow. I did try a moderator this morning but have heard nothing yet. Thanks for the help.

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@eppler70 wrote:

Oh no!

When is the last time you restarted your phone? Did you port here last night from telus? Does the public mobile sim card present service? What about your telus sim card is that still working? If the porting is in process it might just be delayed. If there was a problem during porting you will want to message the moderator team. Only the first port request can be done by the customer.  Send a private message to the public mobile moderator team. Click this to message them.  They will reply with a unique link to a secure online form where you will need to verify your identity as the account owner. After you’ve provided the verification please reply to the existing private message thread with the moderator. Read more about it here [ Learn about contacting our support team ]

Need Help? Let's chat.