cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long time to receive texts

Mamacro2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Very often my phone will not notify me of an incoming text message. This can happen any time of the day if I am hooked up to wifi or not.

sometimes it will be 10 or more minutes since the text was sent by the other party before the notification will come in Sometimes there is no notification at all.

I have the iPhone 5s 

very frustrating 

most of the incoming texts are from my husband who is also with PM

Any suggestions would be helpful 

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Dogbert
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It could be either one of you not having signal.

Messages will be delayed sending if there's no signal; messages can be delayed receiving if there's no signal.

Co-workers have seen this with other major service providers on occasions (hours delayed, not just minutes); sometimes text messaging isn't instant.

Mamacro2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have tried powering off

All the settings are as suggested in previous replies

Took SIM out and put back in

Still have same problem

problem is intermittent 

@Mamacro2 

Probably an issue with iMessage, which requires Wifi or Data to send/receive.  Does your husband also have iphone?  Both of your phones have data?  

Correct setup for messaging: Settings >> Messages >> iMessage ON, Send as SMS ON, MMS ON >> Send & Receive should show your phone # and Apple ID email.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Mamacro2  One thing to check is power savings / data / sync savings mode. Phones can be set to queue backround data/apps to save power and data usage. If you are using imessage set it to unrestricted battery / data usage and this may help.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Mamacro2 Seems like an issue with your iPhone. I would suggest you to try the sim in any other phone and see if you experience the similar issue. It could also relate to iMessage. If your husband has iPhone too, some text might go via iMessage and if you are on a weak wifi, it would fail to send/receive texts. 

Need Help? Let's chat.