cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long distance

Bonnieford
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the $40 plan with unlimited talk Canada-wide, however when I dial long distance I get a recording telling me I need to sign up for “talk”

why cant I call long distance?

3 REPLIES 3

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

There seems to be a number of similar issues reported lately.  From my own experience, account provisioning problem is a possible cause.  I suggest asking the moderators to do an account reset.  Hopefully that will clear the problem.  

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try rebooting your phone.  Also try the lost/stolen feature.

Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Bonnieford  you get that message sometimes  when you dial the wrong number. If this happens on every long distance call, contact the moderators and explain your situation. 

Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on "Account specific question" and  "No I want a human" and "Submit a ticket Click me!")
Once connected, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.

Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there.
You can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email.
Go into your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

Need Help? Let's chat.