cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long distance charges may apply

PSF
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I called the same person twice yesterday I had no Issues but today when I tried to call that same person a recording came on and said long distance charges may apply now I am confused so I hung up

8 REPLIES 8

@porcupine wrote:

I get the same message when i make long distance calls nothing to worry about

All customers will hear the message if the call is Canadian long distance and the 1 isn't dialed.  This is controled from the Telus end, and the purpose of it is to inform custoemrs that there would be long distance charges at Koodo or Telus if long distance to that location isn't included in the plan. At the piont that message is played back, the system responsible for producing that message does not understand that there can't be extra charges at Public Mobile.

porcupine
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I get the same message when i make long distance calls nothing to worry about

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Disregard the message and just dial the number. Nothing to worry about. This happens a lot.

dna2016

@PSF disregard the automated message, just let it finish and it'll connect the call. You won't get any long distance charges. You're probably getting the message because you're outside your area code zone. But luckily PM does not actually charge long distance or overage charges. If your plan didn't have the right service to make that call then it just wouldn't work at all.

I'm still not sure why PM even has that recording since they don't charge long distance fees. But ya disregard it, I get that message quite often, I have a Canada wide talk plan, I just ignore it and let it connect the call. I've never had a fee pop up on me. 

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@PSF wrote:

I called the same person twice yesterday I had no Issues but today when I tried to call that same person a recording came on and said long distance charges may apply now I am confused so I hung up

That's ok. Just a simple warning. Add 1 when dialing the number just in caseSmiley Happy

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@PSF wrote:

Message is played if a call is long distance even when included in the plan. Public doesn't charge for usage so don't let it.concern you.

Dunkgirl

@PSF wrote:

@PSF There are no extra "charges", ever. you either get whats included in your plan or you don't have it. Since this is a pre-paid service its pay before. Thats a standard warning you should be able to add a "1" to the beginning of your call and that messages goes away. I believe this message is also issued when minutes are deducted from long distance add-on. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@PSF wrote:

I called the same person twice yesterday I had no Issues but today when I tried to call that same person a recording can on and said long distance charges may apply now I am confused so I hung up

Ignore that message. You won't be billed for any LD charges. Try dialling a 1 ahead of area code.

Need Help? Let's chat.