cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Distance message when making a call

sarah07
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm moving to London, ON from Toronto, ON and I noticed when I make calls in London I get a voice message saying that long distance charges may apply. I'm not sure why that happens since my plan covers Canada-Wide talk. Can anyone help me out here? 

4 REPLIES 4

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

As long as you are calling another number that is in canada when you are in canada you are totally fine, you will not be charged anything exttra and you pay on a month to month. Don't you love PM?!

@sarah07 

This is a standard telus message informing callers that long distance charges could apply....as telus cannot tell what kind of plan a caller may have so its a courtesy to those who may not have long distance included in their plan. As mentioned dialing (1) first eliminates this message as most people know dialing (1) means you are calling long distance.

Public mobile has no extra billing, overages or hidden fees so if you encounter text or voice messages indicating extra charges may apply only one of two things will happen...either it won't work or it does work so its included in your plan or free. No more worries plan.....from public mobile!

@sarah07 wrote:

I'm moving to London, ON from Toronto, ON and I noticed when I make calls in London I get a voice message saying that long distance charges may apply. I'm not sure why that happens since my plan covers Canada-Wide talk. Can anyone help me out here? 

The message isn't because you're in London, but would be because you are actually making a long distance call. The long distance is included with your plan, so you can ignore the message. To avoid hearing the message, dial a 1  before the area code.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@sarah07 wrote:

Hello @sarah07 ,

Does the call still complete if you ignore the message? If so, this is normal.

You can also try adding a "1" in front of the 10-digit number.

Need Help? Let's chat.