cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Distance Charges Warning

wj942
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm in Montreal and having problems dialling a particular phone number starting with a Montreal area code of 438.  I'm receiving a message saying that I may be charged for long distance.

I tried adding a 1 to the front of the number and there's no change.

Thank you for any help.

6 REPLIES 6

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It's common to hear long distance charge message after entering the phone number. Make sure number is entered correctly beginning with 1.

@wj942 wrote:

I'm in Montreal and having problems dialling a particular phone number starting with a Montreal area code of 438.  I'm receiving a message saying that I may be charged for long distance.

Thank you for any help.

Area code 438 isn't only Montreal. I have not looked up if the other cities that use 438 are long distance from Montreal or not. If dialing a long distance number, even if that type of long distance is included in your plan, will result in fhat message. I would suggest to save tbe 1 as part of all numbers in your contact list.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@wj942  If you are on a Canada wide calling plan and have available minutes on your plan and you are still getting that message after adding a 1 in front of the number then check the number to make sure it is correct or try calling another number in that area code.

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@wj942 If the call does go through there will be no extra charges because every service is completely prepaid.  if a customer does not have a long distance add-on, the outgoing call is included in your plan if the call completes after hearing the message.  If no long distance option is being subcribed and the call is outside of what is included in the price plan, the call just won't go through.  

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@

@wj942 wrote:

Thank you for any help.

If the call goes through after the message, you're good to go.

If the call does not connect, it may be that you've run out of calling time.
You can purchase a calling add-on to supplement your calling plan.
It's well priced at $5 for 500 minutes of Canada-wide calling.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@wj942 

You won't get charged extra with Public mobile.  If you have Canada wide calling, ignore the warning.  If you don't have the feature, it just won't work with Public mobile.  No surprise charges.  

Need Help? Let's chat.