cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

London Drugs Nov 20-25: Activate in-store for free SIM & bonus $20 credit

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

Saw this in the latest flyer (SK, but probably all stores)
https://www.londondrugs.com/store-flyers/eflyer.html

Free SIM & BONUS $20 Airtime Credit when activated in store on a minimum $25 plan

Valid Nov 20 to Nov 25 2020

As seen in the flyerAs seen in the flyer

25 REPLIES 25

@Captmario there seems to be some sort of signup offer from somewhere every month or so for sure - best to pay attention to the forums because PM doesn't seem to announce them often on their mailing list signup.

The last few were from PM directly, walmart advertized in their flyer. LD specifically I'd say seems to have something about every 6 months.

@Captmario wrote:

Just bought my sim few days ago and missed this offer. How often do these offers happen?

If you have not activated go do it at London Drugs. It is always good to have a spare sim around.

@Captmario wrote:

Just bought my sim few days ago and missed this offer. How often do these offers happen?

@Captmario 

Store specific promotions probably every couple of months.  Flash promotions (for weekends) once to twice per month (usually for online, at home activations)

Captmario
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@RosieR 

London Drugs is something like Shoppers Drugs. Except it looks a little less like an airport gift shop, a little more like a Walmart. It always has a computers/cameras/phones department. It usually has an appliances and kitchen department. It sometimes has a manly tools and hardware department.

It's been explained to me that the name is derived from the "pharmacist" or "chemist" general stores common in olden British times. Although I've met people from the UK who were startled the first time they saw a big box store boldly brandishing "Drugs" in its building-wide name.

@Anonymous wrote:

@RosieR wrote:

@LurganIeUk wrote:

No London Drugs in Toronto though. 

@LurganIeUk you are right.  My sister lives in London ON so I thought London Drugs was just a local pharmacy store lol

It's a solid reputable store based out of BC with stores out to SK?? They call it "Drugs" but of course they have electronics, small appliances, groceries, housewares.

Really?  I had no idea as we there are no London Drugs here in Toronto.  The big drugstores here are Shoppers and Rexall.

@Anonymous wrote:

@RosieR wrote:

@LurganIeUk wrote:

@LurganIeUk you are right.  My sister lives in London ON so I thought London Drugs was just a local pharmacy store lol

It's a solid reputable store based out of BC with stores out to SK?? They call it "Drugs" but of course they have electronics, small appliances, groceries, housewares.

eastern most location: Winnipeg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RosieR wrote:

@LurganIeUk wrote:

@LurganIeUk wrote:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dougc wrote:

Dropped into LD 4 hrs ago to pick up  new SIM and neither Staff  mentioned this offer.

But then offer may not have applied to my scenario anyways --- wanting to retain existing phone number and PM account  on the Nano based  Moto G FAST phone.

New activations only. My local had a cardboard stand display kinda thing around about the cell area. And it said airtime. Nezgar nailed it.

Edit: @dougc : again I'm not quite sure where you're going. You can move a SIM to any unlocked, compatible phone. You might need to punch out the smaller size from the larger one but that's easy enough.

dougc
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Dropped into LD 4 hrs ago to pick up  new SIM and neither Staff  mentioned this offer.

But then offer may not have applied to my scenario anyways --- wanting to retain existing phone number and PM account  on the Nano based  Moto G FAST phone.

I agree "airtime" is an obsolete throwback term.

But then again I still "dial" my phone. I still "fast-forward" and "rewind" my "taped" or "filmed" entertainments. I still store data on "disk drives".

Some archaisms stick around long after the technologies and paradigms they originally described have evolved into different forms. "Airtime" is no longer very accurate, it's even misleading, but it's still meaningful because people generally understand the meaning. If people already understand the meaning then arguing about the terminology itself is somewhat pedantic.

@Nezgar ok thanks.  so it is a $20 credit voucher.  cool thanks again 😊

@RosieR A prepaid voucher is just a dollar amount that can be added to your account balance. it's misleading to call it "airtime" because it is more versatile than that with PM - excess balance can be used for add-on minutes, data, plan renewals, etc. With PM excess balance is never automatically used when plan minutes or data are exhausted - you have to explicitly activate add-ons to continue using more.

@Anonymous wrote:

I went in to inquire about the "airtime" part. It is indeed just a voucher value.

I wish people didn't think pre-paid was airtime. It's such a holdover from days of yore.

Hi @Anonymous I still don't understand what "airtime" means.  You said it is voucher value.  What does that mean?  Thanks

Thanks for going the "extra mile" and getting the ground level reconnaissance!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I went in to inquire about the "airtime" part. It is indeed just a voucher value.

I wish people didn't think pre-paid was airtime. It's such a holdover from days of yore.

I am in Maple Ridge BC

The offer is in our London Drugs Flyer that was delivered today. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

Just thought I'd post for anyone looking to sign up with PM that London Drugs is offering a free SIM plus sign up bonus of $20 Airtime Credit (not sure why it's says airtime) on plans of $25+.

Sale starts today (20th) until 25th Nov.

Edit:  Nvmd!!  Seems like I'm quite late with the announcement..

New artwork on the PM SIM cards, eh?

It makes my little stash of PM SIM cards look a little dated.

@computergeek541 wrote:

Do you know if this is an account credit or a voucher?

I presume it's an account credit like most deals.. (Have you heard of  LD (or any vendor) giving promo credit via a voucher before?) So this deal is not quite as good as the usual free month, but the free SIM might make up for that.  (And a $10 referral credit.) Just can't have fun with an 8.5GB $50 plan for for first month. 🙂

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@Nezgar this is good for those looking for free sim card.  thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same in BC. Black Friday donchaknow.

If I'm out and about tomorrow maybe I'll stop in and ask.

@Nezgar wrote:

Saw this in the latest flyer (SK, but probably all stores)
https://www.londondrugs.com/store-flyers/eflyer.html

Free SIM & BONUS $20 Airtime Credit when activated in store on a minimum $25 plan

Valid Nov 20 to Nov 25 2020

As seen in the flyerAs seen in the flyer

It's too bad that they don't just offer the first 30 days for free. I realize that Public Mobile has never done that with any of the offers, and I doubt a store would either. Do you know if this is an account credit or a voucher? And if it's a voucher, are they going to allow a customer to use that towards the initital payment? 

Need Help? Let's chat.