cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked sim PUK CODE

Ericrs100
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So i bought a voutcher and created my account online, everything is paid for and my plan is already selected. I took my sim card and placed it in my phone its now saying at the top left that the sim is locked and to contact the carrier for a PUK CODE? Some one help?

36 REPLIES 36

Ericrs100

@Anonymous wrote:

@Ericrs100 wrote:

I tried in my girlfriends phone, and her sim in mine and it works when i put my public mobiles sim in her phone its giving me the same thing... so its the public mobile sim

That's confusing. Need some commas or periods somewhere 🙂

What provider is your girlfriend with?

If she is with PM then try her SIM in your phone. It wouldn't be a valid test if she's with Rogers or sub-brands.

I asked the other user what message he's getting because maybe it's different.

This is the problem when people post in active threads (let alone old ones).

Im sorry lol, so my girlfriend is with Bell, i took her sim card and tried it in my phone and her network works. Meaning my iphone is unlocked and another carrier or (sim) can be used. When putting my sim card in her phone its saying “locked sim” on the top left and its promping me to enter a 8 digit code right away.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ericrs100 wrote:

I tried in my girlfriends phone, and her sim in mine and it works when i put my public mobiles sim in her phone its giving me the same thing... so its the public mobile sim

That's confusing. Need some commas or periods somewhere 🙂

What provider is your girlfriend with?

If she is with PM then try her SIM in your phone. It wouldn't be a valid test if she's with Rogers or sub-brands.

I asked the other user what message he's getting because maybe it's different.

This is the problem when people post in active threads (let alone old ones).

Ericrs100

@Ericrs100 wrote:

23FC1339-ABDE-40E1-AF56-C6EB7556CFF3.png

It just sucks cause i needed my phone for tomorow....

Ericrs100

23FC1339-ABDE-40E1-AF56-C6EB7556CFF3.png

Ericrs100

Same issue as me?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Russ wrote:

I need to have a private chat with the moderator to solve PUK Code for the SIM

What exact message is your phone giving you?

However... @Moderator_Team < Click this.

Russ
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need to have a private chat with the moderator to solve PUK Code for the SIM

Ericrs100

Sim was bought online

@Ericrs100 wrote:

You can go back where you bought your sim and ask for a new one and change the number in your self-serve tab PLAN/OPTION and CHANGE YOUR SIM NUMBER.

Or you can buy a new sim card and change the number in your self-serve account for having your service. You will see with the moderator for your bad sim what can be done.

@Ericrs100 wrote:

I tried in my girlfriends phone, and hersimm in mine and it works when i put my public mobilessimm in her phone its giving me the same thing... so its the public mobilesimm

Then it's SIM card's problem. You need to contact moderator team for new SIM card

httpss:/productioncommunityypublicmobilee.cat55/notescomposepagee/note-to-user-id/22437

Ericrs100

@Ericrs100 wrote:

I just got off the phone with rogers, the PUK CODE is from the sim card carrier wich is public mobile. Il wait for the mods reply...

So your previously carrier was Rogers, put Rogers SIM card into your phone, did phone show need PUK code? If not, then PUK code is not from the SIM card, it's locked to the previously carrier Rogers network. 

For my understanding, the PUK code came from the carrier not from the SIM card.

My son and daughter in law switched to PM couple months ago, they have iPhone 6 and iPhone X, they don't have the probloem you said.

Ericrs100

I just got off the phone with rogers, the PUK CODE is from the sim card carrier wich is public mobile. Il wait for the mods reply...

@Ericrs100I don't think that is the SIM PIN option but something to do with the carrier... ie Under General -> About -> Carrier. you should get something like Public Mobile 36.0.1 or something like that.. usually when a new profile is downloaded from Apple... it can trigger the PUK.

At this juncture I still suggest you find someone and try the SIM card to eliminate PM as the culprit.

Ericrs100

91E38364-400A-437D-BDDD-A58480C6F236.png

@Ericrs100 wrote:

I sent them a message when i enter 1234 its saying enter a new pin number and its asking to enter it twice and its still says sim locked

If you don't know the PIN, don't try it, you'll make things more complicated. Contact your previously carrier for PIN.

@Ericrs100 wrote:

Yea everything is good to go on apple side, i just need the puk code, can some one tag a mod in here i need this figured out asap

It looks like your phone was locked at previously carrier network,  you need contact previously carrier for PUK code, make sure is not IMEI code. 

If you untoggle it, the keypad will come up with this screen and it should say 3 attempts (resets evertime it gets the right PIN).. Click Done?

PUK unlock iOS 12PUK unlock iOS 12

Ericrs100

Yes but bits set on (its green) and i cant untoogle it... i think thats what id did cause when i entered the sim card in nothing was working... DATA,txt,calls

@Ericrs100Assuming you can go to Settings -> Cellular -> SIM PIN.. can you untoggle SIM PIN?

Ericrs100

I sent them a message when i enter 1234 its saying enter a new pin number and its asking to enter it twice and its still says sim locked

To send a private message to a moderator click this link and describe your issue.

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern)

If you are sure about the phone. You would have to message the Moderator_Team by the link here. I asked where your phone is from because some networks actually give you the ol' run around about unlocking. But be expect a response could take up to 48 hours.

Ericrs100

Yea everything is good to go on apple side, i just need the puk code, can some one tag a mod in here i need this figured out asap

@Ericrs100Is the iPhone from the Bell network? I would highly recommend jsut get another phone that you know works eg spouse/ partner or even strangers.. to test and make sure if your SIM works.. that will narrow down a lot of options.

PS I assume you have had reset the network settings on the iPhone or it has been reset?

Ericrs100

Brand new yes

@LieuxiPhones don't get unlocked to a code. It has to be via Apple (connected through wifi).. but it would give usually cannot activate on this network error, if it is locked.

@Ericrs100 wrote:

Yes they dis with the imei

@Lieux wrote:

@Ericrs100 wrote:

I dis but i had already called to have it unlock

And did they unlock it with a code?

Ok....and your sim was new?

Ericrs100

Yes they dis with the imei

@Lieux wrote:

@Ericrs100 wrote: