cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked out of account

Ppowless
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Locked out of account, I know the user name and password. Regardless wont let me change either, just receive a user error in the password manager. 

it is my 90th day, and I need to change my credit card. I was able to log in 30 minutes ago and was kicked out. It wont let me update payment information to not lose my plan or port my number over to koodo. 

If a moderator could assist me that would be great. Thanks. 

20 REPLIES 20

hyT
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Since PM does not sell 90-day plans any more, your plan was probably grand-fathered when they made the change. I suspect that a bug was introduced in the coding during the change-over that it closes and deactivates your account on the 90th service day instead of the 90th suspension day. If I am right, then PM must fix it immediately. If I am wrong, may be someone would enlighten me.

Ppowless

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ppowless wrote:

I agree, I have no idea whats going on. I'm hoping a moderator can come and reactivate my account. There has to be an issue on public mobiles side. 

Keep fighting. You should not have to start fresh IF (big if) you were not suspended and did indeed have service up until yesterday.

Ppowless

I agree, I have no idea whats going on. I'm hoping a moderator can come and reactivate my account. There has to be an issue on public mobiles side. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ppowless wrote:

I can't call 611, they completely deactivated the sim card so it no longer works. I should have use of my phone for at least today (90th Day) but they pulled it early. Never went into suspension, and my online account is gone.

This would be a totally new problem as far as I know here in a couple years of participating.

All of the plans give you a 90 day suspension period before the account is deactivated. During that 90 days you can top up and restart the current plan. During suspension, you don't have service.

You say you paid for a 90 day plan on Feb 2. Today...MAYBE day 91...you should merely be suspended...not deactivated.

Ppowless

I can't call 611, they completely deactivated the sim card so it no longer works. I should have use of my phone for at least today (90th Day) but they pulled it early. Never went into suspension, and my online account is gone.

Ppowless

Im trying, hopefully a moderator can reactivate the account. As of right now, I've yet to get a solution other than opening an entirely new account with sim, plan, and hope my phone numbers still there. Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ppowless wrote:

You pay for 90 days, I expect 90 days. They closed my accounts, locked me out, and now my phone number is no longer able to be used. They want me to pay $10 for a sim and $15 for another plan just to reactivate when my plan should still be able to be used right now. 

I've been shorted an entire days worth of service, with no option to continue it.

What happens when you dial 611? If you have a pre-registered payment card then you can top up using it. Or buy a voucher in stores or online.

For them to say you need to buy another SIM and another plan seems completely wrong if you're only just suspended.

@Alan_K , @Tiana_V : another victim of the wrong date at the top of the overview page and the heads up text.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ppowless wrote:

Yes, thats exactly what I'm stating. I have the text message as well that states my payment is due today May 2nd, 2020. You would assume I would have until at least midnight tonight to pay my bill. 

I was never suspended for 90 days and was locked out of my account without the ability to pay or keep my phone number. 

If you've had active service since Feb 2 and you're on a 90 day plan then absolutely you should have this last day of use. A problem with the overview page is that the date is actually one day ahead which is wrong anyway.

But still...the account just drops into suspension and the 90 day suspension clock starts.

To have been completely cut-off is completely wrong. Keep fighting.

Ppowless

You pay for 90 days, I expect 90 days. They closed my accounts, locked me out, and now my phone number is no longer able to be used. They want me to pay $10 for a sim and $15 for another plan just to reactivate when my plan should still be able to be used right now. 

I've been shorted an entire days worth of service, with no option to continue it.

Ppowless

Yes, thats exactly what I'm stating. I have the text message as well that states my payment is due today May 2nd, 2020. You would assume I would have until at least midnight tonight to pay my bill. 

I was never suspended for 90 days and was locked out of my account without the ability to pay or keep my phone number. 

I paid for the service today, I would've expected my service to be working today.

@Ppowless, this is the reason why I recommend people to either add money to their accounts 10 days before or re-activate the plan before the  90-day comes along. Because as you know, now, you have this nightmare of an issue, and you want the issue resolve NOW, not later! 

Hopefully, the moderators were able to help you with your issues. Crossing my fingers all goes okay wit your account!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ppowless 

Are you saying that you've had active service all this time and now bam closed and done? That is what happens with a suspended account. This would be astonishing if at the end of a paid term it just closed and finished.

Ppowless

You would assume I'd have 90 days, but that wasn't the case. My 90 day payment is due today. I paid for this 90th day, February 2nd, 2020. Today my account was immediately closed and phones sim is no longer working. The option given by moderators was to buy a new sim, wait seven days, get a new plan and try to reactivate my old number. My account was suspended just this afternoon before immediately being terminated. Just forewarning people in the future.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ppowless 

You said you paid for 90 days. It sounds like your account was actually suspended for 90 days. This is why people suggest renewing say at day 85 or so in case there's a problem.

If you were on a 90 day plan that was active then you would have 90 days from the day of suspension just like the other plans here.

So your post is a bit confusing.

Ppowless

For anyone thats wondering, they immediately closed my account and locked it on the 90th day. I paid for 90 days, February 2nd, 2020. As of May 2nd, 2020 (90th day) my next payment is due. Unfortunately, they will not allow me to pay it and if you not paid prior to May 2nd, they will close your account, you will no longer have access to the account or phone number. You can buy a new sim (7 day shipping, $10.) and plan, minimum $15. and hope someone doesn't take you're phone number in the meantime. 

To summarize, you're payment is due on the 89th day, not the 90th. 

Ppowless

Ive contacted koodo, they are not able to port me over as of right now. I just contacted the moderators.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Ppowless the good news is that your plan doesn't need to be active to port to Koodo. To port to Koodo. You need to get in touch with them to do it.

To port from PM you need

1. Number to port

2. Name on accounts. 

3. One of imei number, account number or pin.

Sorry to see you go. Stay safe. 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Ppowless Hopefully it is 90th day, otherwise system might have deleted your account automatically. Please send a private message to the Moderator_Team asap with all the details.

@CS_Agent 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Ppowless wrote:

Locked out of account, I know the user name and password. Regardless wont let me change either, just receive a user error in the password manager. 

it is my 90th day, and I need to change my credit card. I was able to log in 30 minutes ago and was kicked out. It wont let me update payment information to not lose my plan or port my number over to koodo. 

If a moderator could assist me that would be great. Thanks. 

To contact the moderators you need to click on the "?" in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.  This will take you to SIMon the chatbot and there you will follow the prompts to raise a trouble ticket.

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern)

More info on moderators

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.