cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local number - Long Distance from Landline

fungli
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I purchase my phone plan, the sales rep uses BC(Abbotsford) to create my number. Now, all calls coming in from landline from Vancouver have to pay for long distance.

I asked the sales rep whether using Abbotsford will be considered long distance and he said as long as it's in BC, it's ok. But this is not the case now. I need help.

4 REPLIES 4

fungli

Thanks for you info. It looks like I can't change my number until 30 days later because my number is only set up from yesterday. I need some official to allow me to get that fix, or I will need to pay a visit to the public mobile shop to get it fixed.

@fungli wrote:

Is BC-ALDERGROVE considered as Vancouver local calling area?

It looks like you need 604-309-xxxx.  Other exchanges might work also.  Not to sidetrack the conversation, those who are still holding onto calling plans where the carrier charges long distance to call across the street should look into getting a modern plan which would provide for at least province wide calling if not Canada wide calling. 

https://www.allareacodes.com/604

fungli

Is BC-ALDERGROVE considered as Vancouver local calling area?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@fungli, customers have the option to manually change the phone number associated with an account every 30 days.  What you can do is try to check for a local number early in the morning each day until you find one suitable to your needs.  Recycled numbers are offered up each day and supplies of "good numbers" run out quite quickly during the day.  The change number function is found in the self serve account.  You narrow down the selection by seeding with province/city. 

Need Help? Let's chat.