cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local Phone Number

klegge
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Im trying to activate a new sim card. When i get to the choose a new phone number option, it dosent list Goose Bay, NL as an option. The closest community listed is Labrador City, NL. But I want a local cell number like 708-899-**** or 709-897-****, not a lab city number.

5 REPLIES 5

Another trick is to do it early in the morning. They claim all the recycled numbers get put back in the system early morning!! 

chelsealzl
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I would second @PMFanatic with keep loading more numbers and your preferred area code may show up. Then you can modify the last 4 digits if you wanted. If that doesn't happen, set up your account with a temporary number and contact the moderators for assistance by direct messaging.

@klegge wrote:

Im trying to activate a new sim card. When i get to the choose a new phone number option, it dosent list Goose Bay, NL as an option. The closest community listed is Labrador City, NL. But I want a local cell number like 708-899-**** or 709-897-****, not a lab city number.

I'm going to assume that  "708" is a mistake because they area code is in the U.S.

As for Happy Valley-Goose Bay, the only possibility would be an area code 709 217 number.  That's all Telus has assigned to them.

PMFanatic
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@klegge Keep hitting the see more options button to get other phone numbers. When I was selecting my number I had to keep updating the list of recommendations for a long while until the local area code I wanted appeared...

Also, if all else fails you can just choose a temp number and change it later. You are allowed to change it once a month for free I believe in the self-serve website.

Lastly, if you wish you can message the kind folks at the Moderator_Team via this link to investigate your account and to provide some additional insight into your issue.

It helps to provide a detailed description of your problem and what your resolution goals are so they can best assist. If you are having troubles contacting the Moderator_Team, refer to the following knowledge base link. Expect a response within 1 hour or up to 48 hours depending on volumes...

Best of luck!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@klegge wrote:

@klegge  Best to ask the moderator team to see if they can accommodate you. 

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Need Help? Let's chat.