cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving the country to go overseas!

TrevorL
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey guys, anybody know if public mobile works overseas, or if I just have to continue to pay my plan for here during the two months I am gone in order to keep up bonuses? It would be nice not to have to pay the plan here, and have to get another one in New Zealand. 

14 REPLIES 14

@TrevorL wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@GinYVR wrote:

@TrevorLNote if you suspend ie Lost/Found your service, your autoay bonus will be disrupted when you "Found your phone" but the rest of your bonuses should still be there after you unsuspend.

Exactly. So you will have to weigh the cost...

Read the following for complete insight:

When and How to Suspend or Place an account on Hold (Extended absence, etc)

but your options are limited.

(oops...corrected the link)

Thanks! Yeah I guess a lifetime of auto-pay would easily pay for the two months I am gone plus more. Good to keep in mind! 

Just to be clear, if you turn off AutoPay, you can get back on AutoPay when you return. You simply might lose any bonuses that may be tied to signing up with AutoPay and interrupting AutoPay, so you would not likely get those bonuses back when you restart AutoPay.

TrevorL

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@GinYVR wrote:

@TrevorLNote if you suspend ie Lost/Found your service, your autoay bonus will be disrupted when you "Found your phone" but the rest of your bonuses should still be there after you unsuspend.

Thanks! Yeah I guess a lifetime of auto-pay would easily pay for the two months I am gone plus more. Good to keep in mind! 

@GinYVR wrote:

@Cornel_I wrote:

Hi TrevorL,

With paying us a visit at https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans, the add-ons section with allow you to see our roaming add-on options. As you will be able to tell, we currently do only offer and support roaming within the US.

For international travel with your Public Mobile number, knowing the above, i can recommend  to make use of public WiFi networks and communicate via. internet-based apps.

Regards,

Cornel 
Public Mobile Moderators team 

For which you do not need an active PM account... (see my other post too)

TrevorL
Thanks, might be a good idea!

Cornel_I
Customer Support Agent

Hi TrevorL,

With paying us a visit at https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans, the add-ons section with allow you to see our roaming add-on options. As you will be able to tell, we currently do only offer and support roaming within the US.

For international travel with your Public Mobile number, knowing the above, i can recommend  to make use of public WiFi networks and communicate via internet-based apps.

Regards,

Cornel 
Public Mobile Moderators team 

Shannonbyt

I understood that! I just wanted to give a little more than a "no".

Cheers! 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

PM only offers roaming in the US.  You would either have to buy a local sim or purchase a sim like Gigsky.  You could suspend your account for up to 90 days but you would lose your $2 autopay reward.  Another option would be to change to the $15 plan and then switch back to your original plan when you return to Canada.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@TrevorLNote if you suspend ie Lost/Found your service, your autopay bonus will be disrupted when you "Found your phone" but the rest of your bonuses should still be there after you unsuspend.

Chichi85

Temporarily  Suspend service 

kerago
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It won't work in New Zealand for sure, only north America. I have tried to use it in Europe with no luck. If you only going for 2 months you should be fine since it's a pre paid company they allow you not paying for 3 months before they close your account, this way you also get to keep your Canadian number!

@Shannonbyt wrote:

Hi!

It looks like you cannot use public mobile in New zealand but I found a helpful thread that could be of use! 

Link: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/FYI-Regarding-Travel-to-New-Zealand/t...

No need to look at threads for New Zealand. Public won't work anywhere else other than Canada or America.

Shannonbyt

Hi!

It looks like you cannot use public mobile in New zealand but I found a helpful thread that could be of use! 

Link: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/FYI-Regarding-Travel-to-New-Zealand/t...

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@TrevorL wrote:

Hey guys, anybody know if public mobile works overseas, or if I just have to continue to pay my plan for here during the two months I am gone in order to keep up bonuses? It would be nice not to have to pay the plan here, and have to get another one in New Zealand. 

It won't work anywhere but Canada and U.S. You can go 90 days after missed payment before your account is closed.

Need Help? Let's chat.