cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving PM going back to fido...

akuma4u
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

something unbelievable has happened

I left fido after 13 years to come to pm. I gave fido so many chances to keep me and match or do something to keep me there cuz of the 13 year relationship. They couldnt match pm. So i left .

3 days later...

I get a call today. Its fido. Some special department. He asks me what it will take to come back. I said nothing since u guys cant match pm plans .He said he is a special department and he can do a lot more than i think.

So...here is what he offered me

Reimbursement for pm sim and any charges ive built up while with pm

He give me 5gb and unlimited can wide for 40 a month

Now heres the unbelievable part...

He will give me almost any phone i want for the price of...FREE. 

he suggests samsung s9..i suggested huawei p20 pro..he said yes to that..then i changed it to pixel 3 xl..he said yes to that but plan would change to 60 a month for 2 yrs...then he said to get back to him tmrw and let him know which phone i want and tmrw the deal will expire so i gotta do this by end of day tmrw

The deal is too good to pass on..i wish i couldve stayed with pm but how can i turn down a free 1000$+ phone???

64 REPLIES 64

akuma4u
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

A 5gn unlimited plan for 40 a month is cheaper than what pm offers. Plus a free samsung s9 or huawei p20 pro..

The price doesnt go to 65 a month it stays at 40...so to me the phone is free.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Good for you.  I have heard that Fido does stuff like this after customers leave.  I have never looked back when leaving a service provider.  But then again, I am like tree, I don't like to move much.  But when I do, I don't come back so easily if ever. 

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You are free to come and go as you please where there are better deals.

There is never a *free* phone. You pay it off with the monthly plan cost.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@akuma4u

Good for you.

If you enabled autopay, you should disable autopay and delete your credit card info so that PM cannot continure to charge you.

Take the screen shot of your overview page just in case you need to get moderator to find your account after it was close.  

Do these steps before porting your number back to Fido.

Need Help? Let's chat.