cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late Promo

smashthosepies
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello everyone,

I was just wondering if someone has been succesful in following the steps outline [here]. I just want to know if I can follow the instructions in the link and get the promo still. I can guarantee that I ordered my SIM card during the promotion period.

I also know that the mods' backlog is insanely full. I tried messaging a couple mods to verify but I realized that I just added to their backlog. Oops, sorry.

I don't mind going ahead and activating my plan but I do want to be certain that I will be getting the promotion/refund eventually, preferrably within a billing cycle.

P.S. Am I better off letting the rush blow over? I can wait a month or two, I just don't know if they'll honor the promotion then still.

22 REPLIES 22

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
It was my pleasure:)

smashthosepies

Thank you for the warm welcome @Rockdaddy22 🙂

Rockdaddy22
Great job, I wish everyone was like you 🙂 Welcome to the PM family.

smashthosepies

Just as an update to everyone on the thread:

I threw a Hail Mary and took the dive and activated my SIM last night. After confirming that everything was working properly (i.e., data, incoming/outgoing calls and texts), I held my breath and ported over my number. I received the port success text message not half an hour later.

To those who are seeing this later, here is what I did:

1) Created this thread to gather more information

2) Took the advice to wait a week after the promo before taking the dive

3) Activated my SIM card following this [Activation guide] with this [plan].

4) Ported over my phone number from WIND with the information from [this thread].

• Alternate phone number is just a number that mods can reach you if things go wrong
  • Authorization name is the exact name on my WIND mobile account
  • Write your account number without dashes

5) Messaged a mod about my situation, referencing all the sources I have used and all the relevant information I can think of.

Current status: waiting patiently for mod(s) to respond and/or switch me over to promotion plan

Rockdaddy22
@Gregory I've only heard of 1 case of a plan change working. You'll just have to be patient. You'll get the promo.

@smashthosepies wrote:

Thank you for the PM signup tips! That will come handy.

Hm, I think I'll take your advice and wait a week before diving in. It might just be enough time for the mods to get back to me with an official confirmation. If not, then at least the servers won't be as congested. 🙂

You will not get confirmation for at least 2 weeks, if then. Your concern is in the "someday" pile given the promo issues AND the latest bug affecting some "active" accounts.

Just be prepared for the worst: no service from Public Mobile OR your old carrier for 2 weeks. Here's a thought:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/SECURITY-OF-SERVICE/m-p/23214#M4783

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Gregory
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is anyone who switched their plan from 6GB to 12GB got their account to reflect the change automatically? Mine still shows 6GB in plan details. Sent messages last week to two moderators - never heard back from them.

Rockdaddy22
As long as it was shipped during the promo and you had an activation issue, I don't see a problem in waiting a bit.

So which approach would be the correct approach for people in that situation?

I feel like it may be not a good option to bug the mods when they are already too busy dealing with other issues.

Rockdaddy22
That date Nov 30 was a total mistake, had nothing to due with anything.

@Mana I wouldn't wait to long though,  Some of th sims that were shipped during the promo period had a sticker with the date of Nov 30 on them so I wouldn't want to push it past that without confirmation from PM

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Yes, I think waiting until all the issues clear up and mods are more available sounds like a good approach as long as the mods are still willing to honour the promo.  This way its easier on their workload as well.

smashthosepies

@WhoSucks your testimony and others' have convinced me of how helpful the mods can be albeit the delays (which I can empathise). Thank you for the input. I have decided to wait a week before switching over just to avoid adding to the mods' backlog.

@srlawren no worries 🙂

srlawren

@smashthosepies just ran into your post here when searching for the instructions for another community member that private messaged me.  Thank you for linking Jeremy's post, it was very handy!  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

WhoSucks

For what its worth, during a previous plan upgrade, it didn't go through and i didn't notice until a month later. I messaged a mod and they changed me to the proper plan AND reset the billing cycle so I got a free month out of it. 

smashthosepies

Thank you for the PM signup tips! That will come handy.

Hm, I think I'll take your advice and wait a week before diving in. It might just be enough time for the mods to get back to me with an official confirmation. If not, then at least the servers won't be as congested. 🙂

Waiting a month will be really pushing the envelope I think. I suggest next week once new activations have died down and then follow the ideas in this post:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/The-Guide-to-Headache-Free-PM-Signup/m...

Here's some other "tricks" for initial activation:

• clear your browser’s cache and restart your computer
  • turn off any popup/ad blocker when on the Phone Number page
  • if you have a long name(s) enter short ones
  • be sure your postal code is entered WITHOUT spaces
  • choose any valid Canadian number as “Alternate” that is not your own

"Do nots” for port-ins

- if coming from Koodo do not use the same email address for Koodo and Public Mobile

- do not request the port-in during activation; take a temporary number, log out, confirm all services are active, log back into your account and select Transfer Number under Change Phone Number

- do not use any identifier except your account number EXACTLY as shown on your bill; it is the best item for any port-in request

- do not make any errors in the Authourized User; this must be EXACTLY as it appears on your bill

- do not use your number as the Alternate Number; use someone else's

- do not forget to click "I am authourized ...." BEFORE you entering your number (courtesy imm1304)

- do not cancel your account; that will happen automatically

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

As mentioned by @jheili99, it is a minor change that mods will make once they get to your private message. It might take a while as they are currently working hard to catch up with the backlog. 

There is no way they wouldn't honor the promo for you since you have a record that you ordered the sim while promo was going on. 

smashthosepies

Although I would still like to receive confirmation, I will think this over.

Perhaps someone with more concrete answers will come along. Not to say that you have not been helpful. You have certainly made consider jumping the gun and hope that I did not misunderstand the requirements. It is good to hear that you've had such a positive experience with Public Mobile! 🙂

jheili99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

well all i can tell you that i never got stiffed out of anything by PM ... they are really great and if you have proof of having ordered the sim before nov. 16th then there should be no reason to not honor the promo...it is actually only a minor correction they have to make which is extending the 6gb to the 12gb .....that is all there is to it..

cheers

smashthosepies

Thanks for the reply. 🙂

Hopefully someone who's been able to get the promo after the promotion period can see this and at least give testimony.

jheili99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

hi..

if you fullfill all rules and requirements you should be getting the promo..

but ultimately only PM can decide that so i highly doubt, that anybody here can be of any assistant as it would be pure speculation..

cheers

Need Help? Let's chat.