cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LInk 2 accts

krzcnck
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

is there any way to link 2 accts together, me and my husband signed up for accts on PM on sunday, would be nice to have them linked so i can keep track of payments ect

Thanks 

10 REPLIES 10

mcs11
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I set up an alias for my kid and those emails come directly to me so I can manage both accounts easily. We use outlook.com, but I'm sure the concept is the same for other services.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/12407/microsoft-account-manage-aliases

@popping wrote:

@Dunkgirl wrote:

@krzcnck wrote:

is there any way to link 2 accts together, me and my husband signed up for accts on PM on sunday, would be nice to have them linked so i can keep track of payments ect

Thanks 

Just a tip, if you want to link one email address for all accounts, you can use https://www.gtricks.com/gmail/use-gmail-dot-trick-to-create-unlimited-accounts-with-a-single-email/

email@gmail.com

email+1234@gmail.com (1234 = last digits of phone number)

they will all go to email@gmail.comWoman Happy

Have you tried this on PM?

I know some website, like Koodo, does not allow "+" or "." as part of email

Public Mobile allows Gmail alias.  My understanding was Koodo used to allow it also but not any more.  It's been a great convenience for me so far. 

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@srlawren wrote:

@Dunkgirl wrote:

Good news is, they will never stop improving things. So I would say it will one day happen. 

@Dunkgirl well, never say never, but... I find this highly unlikely.  The things you referenced in terms of recent improvments have been essentially bug fixes.  Linking of accounts would be a fundamental model change that would ripple through nearly every corner of the backend systems. 

(I'm never seen their back-end systems, but am speculating based on nearly 2 decades of professional software design and development experience; take that for the 2 cents--1 per decade!--that it's worth.)

Right! I think you're right about that. So I should say not only on a priority level but on an amount of work vs reward. I think this would be near the very bottom and likely never get done. However I will not stop having faith in publicmobile.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Dunkgirl wrote:

Good news is, they will never stop improving things. So I would say it will one day happen. 

@Dunkgirl well, never say never, but... I find this highly unlikely.  The things you referenced in terms of recent improvments have been essentially bug fixes.  Linking of accounts would be a fundamental model change that would ripple through nearly every corner of the backend systems. 

(I'm never seen their back-end systems, but am speculating based on nearly 2 decades of professional software design and development experience; take that for the 2 cents--1 per decade!--that it's worth.)

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Dunkgirl

@krzcnck wrote:

thanks for the replies, too bad you couldn't link them

After seeing this hours ago...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Systems-Update-Ability-to-change-plan-w...

They have limited resources and I can assure you they have been working hard at improving things on a priority level, such as the "password recovery" failure and unable to  re-activate an account when your account is suspended and you need to wait ~72 hours for a mod to respond to re-activate your phone so you cant even use your service. I know you want this, I do too but without trying to sound like a stick in the mud, they are working on much more important things.

krzcnck
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

thanks for the replies, too bad you couldn't link them

Dunkgirl

@popping wrote:

@Dunkgirl wrote:

@krzcnck wrote:

Thanks 

Just a tip, if you want to link one email address for all accounts, you can use https://www.gtricks.com/gmail/use-gmail-dot-trick-to-create-unlimited-accounts-with-a-single-email/

email@gmail.com

No but a bunch of oracles and users posted to do it in other threads I copied that

@mimmowrote:

Every sim requires its own seperate account.  you can use her email or if you use gmail add a +wife and that will go to your email address ie

name@gmail.com and name+wife@gmail.com both go to the name@gmail.com address

@NDesaiwrote:

Using the dot trick, you can place a dot anywhere between your email. Example, google.123@gmail.com or google.1.23@gmail.com. 

Using the plus trick, you can add a word with your email. Example, google123+account1@gmail.com. 

More info here: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/gmail-address-tricks

@stonechuckerwrote:

We are fortunate here at Public Mobile to be able to do this.  Some wesites refuse to allow the dot or plus to work, as they've been programed as invalid characters.

Also surprisingly, some ISPs do not allow aliases to happen, even though these aliases go way back to the beginnings of email on the ArpaNet.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Dunkgirl wrote:

@krzcnck wrote:

Thanks 

email@gmail.com

Dunkgirl

@krzcnck wrote:

Thanks 

email@gmail.com

Dunkgirl

@krzcnck wrote:

Thanks 

No sorry. Its unfortunate it works this way but that's how it goes. All accounts even if you own 10 must be completely separate. Good news all your other accounts can be refered by your first one (or previous, depending on how many you have)   🙂

1 phone number per account.

1 account per phone number.

1 plan per account.

Need Help? Let's chat.