cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G4 No Data

rolomonster
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
My APN settings seem to be correct but still no data connect. Restarted, removed SIM and etc.

I know that there are suggestions to factory reset the device and that sorts the problem. Anyone find a method that doesn't involve a factory reset? Did backing up and restore work ok? Or did restoring bring back any data issues?

Any info would be much appreciated!
16 REPLIES 16

omartinez
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I also ran into this issue when I was setting up my LG G4 with PM. 

The backing up and restore was fine for me, however,the restore did not fix my data issues. 

I ended up doing a Network reset and that fixed my issues.

The only annoying part of the factory re-store is that you have to set up all your accounts on the phone (I have multiple email addresses) and also you have to make sure your contacts are backed up to google if not you will only see the phone numbers and no way of identifying them.

I would advise you to do the Network reset first instead of doing the Factory Reset right the way.

To do the network reset go to:

Settings > General > Backup & reset  > Network settings reset 

and reset your network settings then re-start your phone

That worked for me

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@rolomonster funny how things work out some times, eh?  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

rolomonster
Honestly. No clue. Time maybe? Fiddled with the APN and restarted a few times. Factory reset twice. Then walked away because I was fed up, later I noticed the LTE symbol on the top right hand corner lol

imm1304

Happy to hear you got data working.

What exactly did the trick in the end?

rolomonster
It works now! Thanks for your assistance!

imm1304

Sorry, I have been out for the last few hours so couldn't reply.

My APN settings have just one modification.  In the "APN type" instead of leaving blank, I have "default,mms,supl"  

The rest of the lines are the same as those in the "Knowledge Base" section of this community. 

Any progress since that last post?  

rolomonster
@imm1304... Could you maybe confirm what the APN settings are on your device? Maybe I am doing it wrong? I reset my phone again and still nothing.

rolomonster

I clicked into the APN settings I set up so there is a green dot. SMS and calls do work. Network is on auto but even when I search all my available network stuff say Telus, Bell, or Wind... Looks like all options such as LTE and WCIMA are all there from each of the networks. Nothing next to signal cluster.

imm1304

Does a green dot appear next to the APN?  

Is your call/sms working?  Does the selfserve indicate your selected plan?  

Does LTE and/or 4G/H+ show next to the signal cluster in the status bar?

What about preferred network type in mobile networks settings. Is is on auto LTE/WCDMA/GSM?

Toggle the airplane mode on-off.  

Sorry to hear it didn't work, I personally deal with 3 G4's among family and friends and the factory data reset helped us over the last year of travelling and swapping sims.  

EDIT:  Saray must have a backlog of requests.  She will respond as soon as she can.  Maybe a refresh of your account from their end will help.  Wish you a speedy resolution.  

rolomonster
Backed up. Factory reset. Readded APN. Still no data. PMed @Saray_O, but reply as of yet. Will also try to FB message PM.

srlawren

Great info, @imm1304--thanks for helping out 🙂  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

imm1304

Hi @rolomonster,  I second @srlawren's suggestion.  

As a fellow G4 user, I have seen and helped others go thorugh all sorts of troubleshooting steps but eventually it was the factory reset that fixed it. Its not exclusive to PM, any carrier change causes trouble for some of the G4's (not all).  

So, backup your important files/pics etc on a computer or an sd card first.  LG Backup app on your phone is great for backing up to the sd card and provides an easy restore later.  

If you can't find the LG backup app in the app drawer, in the newer software, its baked into the system and can be accessed from Settings >> General >> Backup & Reset >> LG Backup

srlawren

@rolomonster this has come up a number of times in the past for G4 and the only solution was a factory reset.  Please back up anything you want to keep that's not sync'd to the cloud first, and then do the factory reset.  This will get you up and running.

jheili99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

click on their name saray is online i believe @Saray_O

rolomonster

Tried. Didn't work. How can I contact a mod?

jheili99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

hi..

here's a link for troubleshooting LG no data issues...:

http://www.thecellguide.com/lgnodata.php

if nothing works i guess a factory reset might need to be done....but before i would conatc 1 of the moderators to make sure all is fine on the account side.....

Need Help? Let's chat.