cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Koodo prepaid transfer time

dvanvliet
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

How long does it usually take for the moderator team to reply to a private message? Trying to transfer a number from koodo prepaid but no response on any message since yesterday. Thanks! 

5 REPLIES 5

@ZfromVanC wrote:

Dont cancel your Koodo account until the port is complete. Keep using your Koodo sim card until it stops working, then you will know the port has completed successfully. A port can take up to a couple days.

I would say don't cancel the Koodo service at all.  The number porting process is supposed to take care of that.  Too often, people call up the old carrier to cancel becauase they simply do no understand that merely submitting the request or seeing Public Mobile's "successful" self-serve message doesn't mean that things are done.  The good news is that I'm not sure how a customer would be able to mistakenly cancel a Koodo prepaid service (other than forgetting to top up).

dvanvliet
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

OK thanks all

ZfromVanC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Dont cancel your Koodo account until the port is complete. Keep using your Koodo sim card until it stops working, then you will know the port has completed successfully. A port can take up to a couple days.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@dvanvlietThat's normal.. I would say 48 - 72 hours. You should be able to receive things from Koodo during the porting process.. it might be handy to have 2 phones with both SIM cards in...

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@dvanvliet wrote:

Hi, 

How long does it usually take for the moderator team to reply to a private message? Trying to transfer a number from koodo prepaid but no response on any message since yesterday. Thanks! 

@dvanvliet  Response times vary from 1 to 48 hours. For your port just continue to use your Koodo sim card until it stops working. Once that happens it means the port is complete at which point you can start using your Public Mobile sim.

Need Help? Let's chat.