cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Koodo prepaid port

carmshep
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I’m wanting to switch over to public mobile from Koodo.  So far I have only ordered the SIM cards. I have a PREPAID plan with Koodo.  Do I need to activate the SIM cards with a new account and use a temporary number before I contact the moderators to port my old number or do I contact them before activating the sim?

thank you 

9 REPLIES 9

@computergeek541 

So I'm not the bees knees and I really didn't have a senior moment? I was doubting myself but does the shared back end system gets confused with an old and new accounts having the same email?

@kb_mv wrote:

@carmshep wrote:

Thanks @kb_mv ,  and can I use the same email address as my Koodo account for my public mobile account? I only use one email address.

@carmshep You most certainly can use the same email address. Welcome to PM.

My understanding is that a different e-mail address needs to be provided for the Public Mobile self serve account than was used on a Koodo prepaid account.  Did you use an e-mail alias (a variation of the e-mail address that goes to the same place)?

@darlicious wrote:

@kb_mv 

Am i having a premature senior moment or has this changed? I thought koodo prepaid and pm cannot have the same email because they share the same back end?

@darlicious I came over from Koodo prepaid and I only have the one email account for stuff like this and I am still using that email.

@kb_mv 

Am i having a premature senior moment or has this changed? I thought koodo prepaid and pm cannot have the same email because they share the same back end?

@carmshep wrote:

Thanks @kb_mv ,  and can I use the same email address as my Koodo account for my public mobile account? I only use one email address.

@carmshep You most certainly can use the same email address. Welcome to PM.

carmshep
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@carmshep 

Yes afterwards.....make sure your account is active and be prepared to for a confirmation text but ask the moderators how you recieve it with a koodo prepaid account.

If you already have a promo you have registered with your email great! If not wait until friday for possibly a new one and/or a black friday deal. There is a diwali extra 1gb of plan data (for 6 months) + 750 min calling add on to india promotion you can still register for.....

https://publicmobile.ca/en/bc/SWEETDEALS

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@carmshep wrote:

Hello,

I’m wanting to switch over to public mobile from Koodo.  So far I have only ordered the SIM cards. I have a PREPAID plan with Koodo.  Do I need to activate the SIM cards with a new account and use a temporary number before I contact the moderators to port my old number or do I contact them before activating the sim?

thank you 

@carmshep Yes, you are correct. I brought my number from Koodo prepaid as well and it was pretty seamless. Contact a moderator after you have your service up and running with a temp number.

Need Help? Let's chat.