cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Koodo offer ?

bradman20012
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ive seen a couple people talk about getting offers to switch over to koodo.... how long on average do you have to be a PM member to get the offer? or is it just a random thing? further more is it worth it in terms of customer service and data speed? im just really noticing the speed i used to get on lte compared to 3g

9 REPLIES 9

Paulclayton
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Nope. We are working on switching the whole family over.  Bills are cheaper and I get more. 

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thank you for clarifying @will13am

I didn’t mean their numbers would be registered just that they would receive the offer if they were eligible as some people were not getting any offers through texts because there weren’t subscribed.

I apologize for not making that more clear in my original post.

johnny5
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Stay with Public.  I ported over to Koodo 3 months ago, for price and LTE data.  

Lte is not worth it for most things you do on your phone.  

Now, since switching back to Public I get 8gb Dara and unlimited Canada/US calling for a lot cheaper than Koodo !

Paulclayton
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got an offer to go back to Koodo days after moving to PM. But for the price of what you get it’s worth staying with PM. Haven’t had any issues with PM since switching

bridonca

If I had to do it all over again, I would just stuck with Public Mobile.  13 days into the contract, I was dinged $107 for a $35 plan.  There was an extra tab charge, and the $30 activation fee that I was not supposed to pay, according to The Mobile Shop.  I had hard to impossible times to reach Koodo, with wait times close to an hour, if I was lucky.  In frustration, I ended up putting it through CCTS, after which, I eventually was called by a Koodo CSR.  I got the extra tab charge, and activation fee waived, so that the bill ended up close to where I expected to pay.  I hope I have no more problems, because I would rather not have to deal with the hassle contacting Koodo. 

As for the Koodo service itself, it does not seem any different to Public Mobile.   I would like to get wifi calling working with Koodo, but again, I need to deal with Koodo to get it working.

@Jarvar wrote:

@bradman20012

I joined in August on the  $40/ 4.5GB plan, but I didn't receive an offer. I did switch to the $45/5.5GB right at the begining and am back down to the $40 plan though. It seems like most of the people receiving offers were on the $40/4.5GB plan, but it also appears to be random selection. I read some people who just signed up received the offer, while others have been with Public Mobile for a lot longer.

Some reported success with texting OFFER to 5132 or 5133.

Some people unsubscribe to offers.  Texting offer to 5129, 5130, 5132 is simply a check to see whether your number qualified for any offers.  It does not register your number for the offer.  Anyway, at the moment, there are no offers. 

Jarvar

@bradman20012

I joined in August on the  $40/ 4.5GB plan, but I didn't receive an offer. I did switch to the $45/5.5GB right at the begining and am back down to the $40 plan though. It seems like most of the people receiving offers were on the $40/4.5GB plan, but it also appears to be random selection. I read some people who just signed up received the offer, while others have been with Public Mobile for a lot longer.

Some reported success with texting OFFER to 5132 or 5133.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

It is random, targeted offer, not universally available to everyone.  As for worth it to migrate or not, each customer needs to answer that for themselves.  We have individual needs and wants. 

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@bradman20012 wrote:

Ive seen a couple people talk about getting offers to switch over to koodo.... how long on average do you have to be a PM member to get the offer? or is it just a random thing? further more is it worth it? im just really noticing the speed i used to get on lte compared to 3g

It seems to be random but the offer expired Sept 30th

@ShawnC13 wrote:

The offer ended September 30

@will13am wrote:

The offer was originally going to end on September 4.  It was extended ad nauseam.  Don't worry, there will likely be a next time.

Koodo is a higher tier, higher priced service. They want to move you up to take more of your money in the long run.

They may entice you with short term low cost introductory offer / 12 month bill credit, in the long run you will pay more.

Unless you plan to port over, and port back (but then lose your loyalty, and possible porting issues) why leave in the first place if things are good.

LTE(4G) can be faster than 3G, but 3G is actualy just 4G throttled, so "speed" can be taken two ways. For responsiveness on most use its the same but for large files / HD movies / downloads you notice a difference where you need to exceed 3G's 3MB (3megabits in 1 second) throttle.

Need Help? Let's chat.