cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Koodo keeps inviting me to join their network but they keep giving me the run around on Promo Codes

GlennK
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thank you so much for providing me the codes. The codes you have are from an older Public Mobile migration offer for which the effective dates were February 09, 2018 to February 28, 2018. So basically those offers are not available anymore. If you would like to switch to Koodo I kindly advise you to get in touch with the Public Mobile community support and ask them if there is a note on the account in regards to this. We do want to have new customers but in order to assist them with the special offers we really need to respect the procedure. In the future we will definitely have more sweet deals for migrating to Koodo. If you have any other questions let us know!

15 REPLIES 15

GlennK

Thanks for all the help and input.

GlennK

Thanks Andu,

This whole saga started out with such an offer from Koodo and for some reason the offer could not get completed and it went on so long the offer expired. Long story short, various Koodo moderators tried to help me along the way and some of the information exchanged may not have been accurate.

Andu_S
Customer Support Agent

Hi @GlennK,

Thank you for you interest.

Let me help you with more information about this.

1. Only targeted Public Mobile customers can  switch to Koodo by choosing a Koodo in-market rate plan as part of the offer they were contacted for.

2. Customers will receive a SMS offer.

3. The offer can be redeemed only at Koodo locations (all) , with the dedicated promo code.

4. Promo code is case sensitive and cannot be redeemed at Retail locations.

If you need more info, let me know.

Thanks.

Andu

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@GlennK wrote:

From  a PM with  Koodo rep

If you are a targeted customer, you should receive the promotional offer since the migration campaign is, up until March 31st. For more details I advise you to get in touch with Public Mobile, there should be a note on the account in regards to the Koodo offer in case you are eligible for the migration. You can also find additional info on our website, just click here https://koo.do/2HBBSl3.

@GlennK  I haven't seen anything in the community for a while about Koodo migration offers, so to the best of my knowlege there are none going on currently.  

So what I'm still not clear on, is are these reps initiating contact with you and trying to persuade you?  Or are you reaching out to them to enquire if offers are available?  If they are initiating the contact, it's probably just them fishing (not phishing, but fishing) for activations.  They have been known to do this in the past, and does not necessarily mean there are Koodo migration offers currently available (to you, or others).

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Alvito
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm still waiting for my 10gb $40 offer...

GlennK

From  a PM with  Koodo rep

If you are a targeted customer, you should receive the promotional offer since the migration campaign is, up until March 31st. For more details I advise you to get in touch with Public Mobile, there should be a note on the account in regards to the Koodo offer in case you are eligible for the migration. You can also find additional info on our website, just click here https://koo.do/2HBBSl3.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@GlennK errrr, yeah the last Koodo migration promo was a while ago, there are none going on right now.  Is someone telling you otherwise?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Back when they where offering codes I opted out because their plans where more expensive then what I would pay on PM with all my rewards.

GlennK

The offer came in from a text....

10/2/18, 2:18 PM
I had an offer from you guys to sign up by Sept 30 but I couldn't do it online unless I went to local Koodo office....I'm on with Public Mobile and you offer came in as a text.

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I agree. It does sound like you contatcon them first. Please make it clear on who's Facbook page you for it from.

@GlennK wrote:

I was on their FB site and posted some questions about their Nwtwork and they asked me to PM them and that's where the rest of the conversation took place. 

@GlennK  Whos facebook site, koodo or PM?

Can you explain the messages before this?

I am trying to understand because your title says "Koodo keeps inviting me to join their network" .... How did this take place, it sounds like you contacted them first.

GlennK

I was on their FB site and posted some questions about their Nwtwork and they asked me to PM them and that's where the rest of the conversation took place. 

@GlennK wrote:

Hi Glenn! If your account is still active with PM, you can text OFFER to 5132 and if you still are are eligible for the offer you will get the promo code again. Once you have received it, keep us posted with the promo code so we can check the available offer.

@GlennK  When did you get that, where did you get that and from who?

GlennK

Hi Glenn! If your account is still active with PM, you can text OFFER to 5132 and if you still are are eligible for the offer you will get the promo code again. Once you have received it, keep us posted with the promo code so we can check the available offer.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@GlennK wrote:

Thank you so much for providing me the codes. The codes you have are from an older Public Mobile migration offer for which the effective dates were February 09, 2018 to February 28, 2018. So basically those offers are not available anymore. If you would like to switch to Koodo I kindly advise you to get in touch with the Public Mobile community support and ask them if there is a note on the account in regards to this. We do want to have new customers but in order to assist them with the special offers we really need to respect the procedure. In the future we will definitely have more sweet deals for migrating to Koodo. If you have any other questions let us know!

@GlennK 

Hi Glenn, that is the e-mail you got from koodo when trying to use an old code? When did they invite you last and can you post that part of it, not just the denial response?

Need Help? Let's chat.